Getting settled In - Chapter 2

The three months with Luz's siblings were the most fun two months she's ever had. Her birthday passed on December 14th, and so did Hunter's which was on October 28th. Hunter turned 18 and Luz was finally 17. But, all good things come to an end. The day arrived. Luz and Hunter reached the airport around 9 am. Luz had to leave her beloved small town, Gravesfield Connecticut. It wasn't that Hexside was across the world, Hexside was just around the corner in New Jersey which was around 3 hours away. She could visit her family anytime she wanted but that didn't matter, she would miss them too much. Hunter hugged his mom and little sister goodbye 

He was already whining like a baby but instead of having a clean face, he had a few scars on him from... incidents and dark bags under his eyes. The guy always loved gold so he wore a dark yellow jacket with the word 'golden' on it and black sweats. Luz, on the other hand, would usually wear her signature outfit but since she knew she was going to fall asleep on the flight she wore a dark red hoodie and some baggy black pants plus black converse. Without of course her signature beanie, no one knows why she wears it and that's a story for another day.

Luz hugged her mom Camila and the older lady started crying. "It's so hard seeing my babies leaving me!" she cried. "Mom, you're literally the one who's sending us off." Luz said while squinting her eyes. "And I don't regret it one bit" Camila said still crying. The taller but young girl hugged her mom and put her hands on her shoulders. "Don't worry mom. I'll call you while I'm there. So will Hunter" she smiled. Camila wiped her tears and nodded. Luz walked up to Vee and looked down at the girl. "Listen here, my little troublemaker. You better be good for mom while we're away okay?" she said while wrapping her arm around Vee's neck and messing up her hair. 

"Oh and if anyone hurts you no matter if they're a 5-year-old call me okay? I'll make sure to punch them back into their mother's belly!" she yelled in pride. Vee teared up and was about to cry when Luz wiped her tears off with her hand. "Stop that crying that makes people think you're weak when you're not. Also, don't let anyone take advantage of you, you're too kind for that. If they do just say 'My badass sister will beat your ass!' Okay?" she smiled and kissed Vee's cheek. "I'll miss you, Luz." Vee said while fixing her hair. "Don't miss me too much okay? Love you sis" Luz said. "Flight 101 boarding in 5 minutes. New Jersey." the voice came from one of the speakers. Luz and Hunter walked into the building waving at their mom and sibling. "Love you too." Vee said waving. As soon as Luz and Hunter were out of site Vee lowered her hand slowly and her eyes started to water. "Mija it'll be okay. They always come back." Camila smiled at her youngest daughter. "I know they do." Vee smiled as they both walked to Camila's car.

Luz POV

 Me and Hunter were running to the flight. We weren't late we just wanted to get there a little early. "Hurry up Golden Guard!" I yelled which made him look at me with his signature annoyed face. I always called him Golden Guard since we were little. There was this game we played called 'The Emporer's Coven' and I would always be the intruder while he was the Guard of the Coven. He got a little too confident in the game and started to tell me to call him the 'Golden Guard' but now he definitely regrets it which makes me happy to annoy him with the name. "Shut up Lucia" he said. We finally made it to the plane entrance after running around like crazy people. "A-Alright let's go in" I said while panting with my arm leaning on his shoulder. We were about the same height he was 6 feet and I was 5'11.

We walked into the plane and looked for our seats. Once we found them I was relieved but Hunter was pissed as hell. I had got the window seat and he got the seat on the far right. "At least we don't have someone sitting in the middle?" I said which made him just roll his eyes.

The flight was pretty decent. Well, I wouldn't know because I fell asleep after eating some pretzels they gave me. Like man what do they put in those things?

When we got off the plane around 12 pm we walked around the airport for a bit and bought some things that we forgot to pack. "I can't believe I forgot all my socks" I said while walking to another store. "You're just stupid" he said following behind me. I was looking around to find some souvenirs for Mama and Vee when I found a pretty necklace. It was a purple and yellow color with a Lunar Eclipse on it. I read the stand it was on 'Made by Earl Amethyst in 2004. This necklace is the only one of its kind. Made with real Amethyst. Can change to different moon phases!' Woah. "Hunter check this out!" I said pointing at the stand. "What are you looking at now?" he said walking up to me curiously. "Isn't this cool?! I'm definitely gonna get this!" I said while pulling out my wallet. "Can you even buy that?!" he said about to grab my hand. "It's only $100 Hunter. I have $837 in birthday money savings" I said grabbing a $100 and waving it in his face.

"O-Oh well... I spent mine on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine." he said while rubbing his hair. "Of course you did... You know what here" I said while pulling out two hundred's. "Huh? What's this for?" he asked confused. "You're family now Hunter, even though you get on my nerves sometimes but I can give you money whenever I want. Plus consider it as another Christmas present." I said while patting his shoulder and heading off to the register. "Thanks Luz, I'll have to get you something one day" he said putting the money in his bag. "Why are you buying it anyway?" he asked confused. "No reason I just might give it to someone who likes purple or something. Or I might wear it myself" I said while putting the box that the necklace came in into my bag.

After a while, we were out of the Airport and on our way to look for mom's friend's house. It wasn't far from the airport so we just walked there. When we arrived there was an oddly shaped house in front of us surrounded by trees. I looked at the address mom had sent me and looked at the 2-story house in front of us. "This is it Hunter" I said and he nodded.

We walked up to the house and Hunter knocked on the door. We heard a voice from inside the house which sounded like a child's "Eda! There's someone at the door again! Maybe it's one of your exes~" the child-like voice said. We looked at each other with the same blank expression on our faces just when the door opened. We looked around and then looked down to see the person where the child's voice came from. "Eh? Who are these slumps doing at our door-" I cut off the kid and ran in "¡Ay, qué Lindo!" I yelled as I hugged him. An older lady walked in and saw the scene. Hunter walked in and sat our bags on the floor. "Eda, he's so cool looking for a child. I've never seen a kid wear yellow sclera contacts! Who's a widdle guy? Is it you? Is it you?" I repeated teasing him. "No! I don't know who your little guy is! Eda, who is this monster?" he said while trying to get out of my grasp.

"Oh, this is Luz, Camila's child. She and her brother Hunter are staying here while she attends Hexside. This is King Luz" she said while plopping on the couch. "Oh, Horray! Camila's children" he said while hugging me back. "King dresses like a furry for some reason... and acts like one but he's a pretty normal kid... I think?" she said. "

I got to know Eda and King a little better after. We were having so much fun that it became dark real quick. I also found out that Eda owned a bat in one of her spare rooms and an owl in her room. I thought owning those types of animals was illegal but decided not to question it. King was bullying Hunter about the little strand of hair that went down his face. Overall we got along. "So kids I got two spare rooms, one has the bat in it the other doesn't. He's friendly though." she said while picking in her ear. "I guess I'll be batman for a while" I laughed a bit. "Well, I'll go set my stuff in my room and head to sleep. Byeeeee!" Hunter said waving up the stairs and sticking his tongue out at me. 

"I guess I'll go get settled in too" I said heading up to the empty room. When I got in there I opened the door and was greeted by a normal-looking room with a Queen sized bed next to the window. In the corner of the room, there was a cage covered by a blanket. I sat my things down and walked to the cage. I cautiously moved the small blanket over and what I saw shocked the fuck out of me. "Oh shit?! No way?! A Mariana Fruit Bat!" I yelled quietly. I guess I woke the poor animal up because its eyes slowly opened. "Aww, you little thing. There is only a near thousand of you guys left!" I said while putting my finger in the cage. The upside-down bat grabbed my finger with its two hands which made me think they were going to scratch me. The black animal licked my finger. "I think I'm going to call you Onyx." I said while petting the little animal which made it let out a high-pitched noise. I opened a window to rip a leaf off a tree and put it in the animal's cage. "There you go." I smiled then turned the light off and jumped in my bed. "I think I'm going to like it here." I yawned and fell asleep.