Thirty

Tia kept her face blank, showing no emotion. He really underestimated her, she knew she was bait, but played along for him. If her calculations were correct, then it was only another few minutes until it was time.

'Tony? Bruce? You want them to come for me right? Kill one or both of them as revenge?..'.. She shrugged her shoulders at him... 'Go ahead. Hell, I'll even hold them in place for you to shoot them..'

She saw his features quickly twist in confusion, as she was not reacting the way he wanted. Sophie felt the gun slip a fraction, and held back a smirk... 'Oh, go ahead, do what you want to do. Can I get a sandwich or something? I'm starving, couple of beers too if you got any floating around..'.. She cranes her neck to look behind him, acting bored.

She looks back at his face, sighing and taking a step back... 'Your hospitality is awful, I'll leave a review on Yelp, one star, and that's being generous..'

She heard a little cough behind her, knowing she was amusing the guy in the corner. Not a moment later, there was an explosion nearby, it rocked the room they were in and she didn't flinch, but Pierce did. She smirked at him, knowing his time was up... 'If you want to make it out of here, now would be a good time to run..'

He hesitated and Tia used it to her advantage. She gripped the gun in his hand, twisting it from his grip. Dropping to the floor, she swiped her leg out, taking his from under him, sending him to the floor. She got back to her feet, and placed a foot to his chest, tutting at him... 'I did give you a chance, but you didn't listen. Don't worry, I'm sure they have room for you on the Raft, maybe next to Fury..'

She heard footsteps coming to their direction, and fighting a little further away. Looking up, she sees a guard get blasted past the door, and Tony comes into view... 'Wouldnt happen to have anything to eat in the suit, would you?..'

His mask comes down as he steps into the room, taking in the scene... 'You never cease to amaze me Soph..'.. He looks around the room, taking in the bodies on the floor... 'Jarvis, send the team to my location. We got a few for transport. Inform Hill, we got Pierce..'

'We?..'.. Sophie scoffs at him... 'I think you'll find I got him. How long did it take for you lot to figure it out?..'

Rogers appears with Barton and Romanoff, and the three begin to cuff everyone... 'Not him..'.. She gestures to the young man who was still conscious... 'He goes free on the condition of community service..'

Tony looks between her and the guy, then shakes his head... 'Fine. You want to get off him?..'... He nods to Pierce on the ground. Moving back, Rogers and Barton hauls him to his feet, cuffing him with the others... 'Bruce figured it out within half an hour..'

'Not bad. I estimated as such, I need to work on the signal for the trackers, but it worked..'... She shrugged, and the other three began escorting the prisoners out of the room. She nodded to the other guy... 'Go with them, tell them everything ok. You won't be in serious trouble, so don't worry..'... He thanked her and left, following them.

She grabbed the British guy, shoving him forward as Tony grabbed the last one, and the headed out. She found that she was where she thought, on a container ship. She sighed, wishing that just once, she had a real challenge. They had caught up to the others, and outside onto the deck of the ship.

She grinned seeing Bruce as he was talking with agents. He headed towards them, and she saw his face change to one of anger, and he swung, punching Pierce in the face and knocking him out. He shook his hand as he turned to her, and she switched back to Sophie, who ran at him.

He caught her as she jumped, her legs wrapping around him... 'That was so fucking hot..'... She kissed him hard, passionately, not caring about their audience.

'Im going to shove you both off the side to cool down..'.. She pulled back as Bruce dropped her to her feet, putting an arm around her.

'Fuck off Baloney..'... She looked around at everyone, smiling at them all as the prisoners were escorted to vehicles waiting on the dock, and Pierce was dragged away... 'Im starving, so let's get some food on the way home..'.. She grabbed Bruces hand, and the two rushed off.

Once they were far enough ahead, she looked up at him... 'Did it really work?..'.. She asked him, and he smiled down at her.

'Yeah it did, it worked..'.. He kissed the top of her head, relieved she was safe. He led her over to the jet, but she stopped him.

'Nope, I want food, so we will take a car..'.. She went to the nearest one, taking the keys from one of the agents, turning to Bruce.. 'You coming?..'.. Before getting in. He shook his head, and jogged around to the passenger side, getting in next to her... '$20 I make it back before they do..'.. She shifted into gear just as he put his belt on, and took off, laughing out the window... 'Race you back bitches..'

-----------------------------------------------------------

It had been a full year since she had come to work at the tower, and her life was never boring. Since her kidnap a couple of months ago, she had assisted Tony on a requisition of a few other buildings, one a former SHIELD facility in upstate New York.

She had also kicked his ass after the destruction of his home, when he decided to taunt a terrorist, and rescue Pepper from Killian.

Her and Bruce were still going strong, and both had developed their prototypes, of the bio trackers, which were quickly snapped up by SHIELD for their agents.

Pierce was sent to the raft alongside Fury. She wasn't the least bit remorseful about them being there. She had finally accepted that the deaths of those men, were not completely her fault. What was done to her, was inhumane torture.

She happily trained with the others, assisting from the tower on missions, as she still didn't want to really harm anyone. Hill had offered her a position within the agency, but she had turned it down, she wanted to only protect her family.

'You ok?..'.. She looked up as Bruce came into her office, and her body hummed in response to him, her heart racing, just seeing him. She absolutely loved and adored him, knowing she would never feel this way about anyone else.

She smiled at him, as he sat down on her couch, watching her... 'Im perfect..'.. And she really was, her life was imperfectly perfect, and she wouldn't want to change a single thing about it.

End

A/N... This one is shorter than the others, but I hope you enjoyed it as much as I wrote it. Check out my other stories.

😘