Fourteen

Sophie began to wake up, feeling arms around her. She smiled to herself, as she inhaled Bruce's scent. Everything about him, calmed her. Being ever so careful, she opened her eyes and tilted her head. She was in her bed, and cuddled into Bruce's chest, her arm and leg across him. He had both his as around her. From the feel of his chest rising and falling, she knew he was asleep.

Trying to be careful as to not wake him, she shuffled back slightly, needing to get out of bed. She looked up at his face, seeing him so peaceful. Shuffling back again, she felt his arms tighten around her.

'Hey, you ok?'... Even his sleepy voice was adorable. She couldn't help but smile.

'I just need the bathroom, but I'll be back in a minute'... She swiftly got out of bed, rushing to her bathroom.and closing the door. She looked at herself in the mirror and scoffed with disgust. She looked and absolute mess. Rushing to do her business, she shot back in front of the mirror, and freshen up.

She was thankful she had clean underwear, drying on her heated towel rail. Doing the best she could in a short amount of time, she felt she was semi presentable. Opening her door, she shot back into bed with him.

'How are you feeling?'... He asks, lifting his arm up, for her to cuddle back in.

Snuggling back into him, she sighed... 'I'm still pissed at them, and well, Tia wants to be let out to rip them apart. So, until its all calmed down, Mexico is postponed. I don't trust that letting her out in a few days, will stop her from coming back here and commiting murder'

She felt him stroke her back, casing her to purr slightly. She lifted her head, capturing his lips, and sighing in contentment. She felt his other hand grip her waist, as he laid her back, and shuffled above her.

'I could get used to waking up like this..'.. He smiled down at her, kissing her again... 'But we need breakfast. If we stay here any longer, I might end up having you for breakfast'

Sophie giggled at him, feeling safe and happy. She huffed out a sigh, knowing he was right. They couldn't push too far, and she really was hungry... 'Oh my gosh!..'.. She remembered, her eyes going wide... 'Our date. I'm so so sorry. Give me 10 minutes, and we can still go on a date'

She went to get out of bed, but he pulled her back... 'We can't, not right now..'.. She looked at him frowning... 'Tony and Pepper are dealing with the press, and he suggested that we remain here for now..'

She peered at him, sensing there was something else... 'What are you not telling me?'

Bruce dropped his head to her shoulder, worried about how she would react. Bringing his head up, he looked down at her... '3 people have resigned. They have been bombarded by the press, and felt too overwhelmed to be working here. Tony has already given them a fair severance package, and glowing references. He has spoken with the others in the labs, offering them the same, but they all unanimously agreed to stay here..'

Her breath caught in her throat. She didn't want others to be affected by what she was. It's why she was always protective of the people she worked with. Now she had lost three. Her heart tugged at the thought of the others, sticking by her side... 'They are all getting a bonus. Jarvis!..'..

'Yes miss sweets, how can I be of assistance?'..

'Tell all my staff that they will each be getting a $10,000 bonus, and to take the next 2 weeks off, paid leave. Its my thank you, for sticking by me and Bruce'... She sniffled, trying not to let her emotions get the better of her.