~ chapter 26 ~

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hi guys!! So hopefully I'm going to be updating a lot more, I've decided to change the initial story i had planned, so that's why its taking a while (sorry!!). I'm not so much following the Netflix series anymore, but there will be elements of it included for plot. There will also be elements of the video games for more *spice*. Lots of love!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

3 months later

Antea's POV

We've been riding for a week straight now. Geralt won't say where we're going, but it's getting warmer. After the banquet in Cintra, Jaskier parted ways from us, promising that we'd see him again - much to Geralt's delight. We've been making a living off killing beasts in small villages. Nothing out of the ordinary. Wolves, ghouls and ghosts. I feel stronger now, but I still dont understand why my magic is faltering.

"Geralt, please tell me where we're going? Can't we stop soon? Didi is tired." I whined, stroking the mane of my mare, Didi, whom I recently won in a drinking game. She was gorgeous. Jet black with deep brown eyes and a white spot on her nose. She looked like me.

"Soon." Was all he grunted, rustling around in his saddle bag, "Here, this is where we're going. Found it on a notice board a while ago" He handed me a piece of paper which was slightly crumbled, but was detailed beautifully.

I took it and read it aloud;
"Geralt of Rivia,
At the behest of our merciful sovereign, Her Illustrious Grace Anna Henrietta, we have journeyed to the Northern Realms to lay before you our mission. A terrible monster has appeared in the Duchy of Toussaint, a beast that has committed heinous crimes against her Grace's subjects. Only the Most Famous Among Witchers has the ability to destroy the Beast, thus we humbly beseech you to appear in the village of Holloway, where we shall await you in full hope that you will deign to hear of our woes and liberate our land from the clutches of fear.
Your humble servants:
Sirs Palmerin de Launfal and Milton de Peyrac-Peyran, Knights in the Service of Her Grace and the Duchy"

I laughed, "Geralt, these men are calling themselves your servants? What is this... 'Illustrious Grace'... 'Duchy'... 'Beast?'" I sighed and looked over at him, "Is this a contract, Geralt, or an invitation to a bloody castle?"

"Bit of both." He grumbled, "I met with Sir Palmerin and Milton a few days ago while you were out winning Didi there."

"Hmm, alright. I trust you. Wake me when we arrive."

I sighed, and leaned forward on Didi, whispering gently in her ear to relax, and follow Roach. This is one of those times I loved being able to communicate with animals, she could tell me exactly what she needed, or what I didn't see. I trusted her as much as I did myself. I leaned gently on her soft mane and closed my eyes.

A hand wrapped itself around my forearm gently, a thumb caressing my skin.

"Thea, wake up." His gravelly voice spoke.

I opened my eyes and met his yellow ones, a sight I could never get tired of. He smiled briefly, and told me we had arrived. I hopped of Didi and took a look around. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

"Welcome to Beauclair." Geralt sighed, looking around, taking in the scenery.

I turned around to where he was standing, next to a small but charming looking cottage. We seemed to be a bit away from the city, but it was just as beautiful out here. Flora and fauna everywhere I looked - it was like I could feel the trees breathe.