~ chapter 7 ~

The warm light of candles lit the room where Geralt stayed in the inn just outside of Vizima. The woman by his side warmed his body, but he still felt the coldness in his heart.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"What?" he mumbled, puzzled at her question.

She sat up to face the witcher.
"The woman you're thinking of right now. I'm a whore, Geralt, not an imbecile. I know that you care for another and frankly i'm confused as to why i'm here!"

Geralt huffed and stood up to dress himself. His thoughts still on her raven locks.
"There's no woman." he grumbled, clearly not convincing the naked woman laying behind him.

A sudden knock on the door made her jump up and wrap herself in the blanket.

"Witcher! Rents past due!" The pounding on the door became louder and Geralt huffed. "Open up! Coin now and then you're out!"
The door suddenly flew open and the woman squealed and covered herself further, the fat innkeep glaring at the hall naked witcher. Geralt told the innkeep that he has no money currently, but was on his way to Vizima and would swiftly return with the correct amount. The man was skeptical, and forced Geralt to leave his beloved mare, Roach, behind as collateral. He could have broken the innkeep's neck there and then for such a proposition, but he thought of Antea, and agreed.

The witcher made his way over to the cabin just across from his and knocked on the door lightly. It was the middle of the night, so he expected her to be asleep, but he was just checking. Sure enough, when he opened her door, there she was in the bed, wrapped up in a cocoon of blankets. Geralt slowly climbed into the bed beside her and began stroking her hair. A small smile grew on her face as he did so, and the small mage shuffled closer and buried her head in Geralt's chest. He smiled at the woman beneath him, cursing himself for caring.

———————————————————————————

As day broke I heard the call of the birds outside my window and adjusted my face on my pillow. Then, my pillow moved. My eyes opened suddenly and looked up to meet the two eyes I loved most in the world staring down at me.

"Have I something on my face, Geralt? Or are you just admiring?" I asked, and stood from the bed to dress, swaying my hips purposefully as I walked.
I've  grown much more comfortable in my skin around Geralt, and know how to tease him perfectly - and Gods did I put that knowledge to use!

Geralt huffed and let his eyes follow the hips of the woman walking away from him. She was so beautiful. Her curves filled all the right places perfectly. Her breasts bounced slightly as she walked, her small waist accentuating her rounded bosom and long legs. It drove him crazy. He just then noticed the scars on her thighs.

He stood suddenly and marched over the the woman, grabbed her by the wrists and pulled her over to the bed. He sat down as she stood in front of him, his eyes still on the marks on her legs.

"What...Happened..." he growled.

I realised what he was talking about and my confidence was lost. I moved uncomfortably and tried to get away from his grasp.
"Geralt it's nothing, really, they're as old as the hills. Please."

"Who hurt you." he said sharply.

"Nobody Geralt I swear! Please just let me be I - really,"

"Who WAS it Thea?!"

"ME, GERALT!"

His grip loosened and his face dropped as he saw the tears roll down my face and my body's uncomfortable reactions.

"It was me." I almost whispered. "It wasn't the best period of my life, I disliked myself thoroughly, so let's please leave it in the past where it should have stayed."
I shook my arms from his grasp and dressed myself quickly, but I couldn't open the door, because a large frame stopped me. His arms found themselves wrapping around my body, holding me gently. I returned the action and flung my arms around his neck, burying my face in the crook of his neck and weeping silently. I calmed as I felt him stroke my hair. He knew how I loved that.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me." he uttered.

I sniffed and looked up into his eyes.
"Geralt," I let out a dry chuckle "it's not your fault, you oaf."
My eyes found themselves wandering down his face to his lips, and back to his eyes. It was then when i realised how close our bodies were. A penny couldn't have fit between us. Our noses were almost brushing against each other and our breaths were shared. We stayed like this before a moment, before the silence was broken by a quiet 'fuck it' and his lips were on mine.