19: Date Night, Gone Wrong

(Warning...Slightly explicit content - sexual content)

Annabeth POV

Percy totally surprised me by showing up on my doorstep in jeans and a light blue button-down shirt. He even attempted to comb his hair, emphasizing his natural handsomeness. Normally, Percy looks really hot, but he looked very handsome for our date.

I had no clue that he wanted to surprise me in a date, so I opened the door in navy pajamas.

"Oh my god, Percy. You look so..." I was at a loss for words. I loved when Percy did spontaneous things like this. "Gods, I love you."

"I know, but you need to change," Percy stated.

He waited in the living room while I Wen tip stairs to my bedroom. Considering Percy was in a button-down, I felt obligated to put on a light dress.

Eventually, I chose a simple red dress. Even as I put it on, I absorbed how much skinnier I was. Because of the cancer, I didn't feel like myself. My skin was paling and my body was slimmer overall.

I walked downstairs hesitantly, not feeling like myself.

However, Percy's face immediately brightened when he saw me. A huge smile crept on his face as he rushed over to me, his warm hands resting on my waist.

"Wow, you look gorgeous," Percy complimented.

"No, I don't."

"Hey, you absolutely look amazing," Percy whispered. He tilted my chin up with his fingers before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Wise Girl, I am probably the luckiest guy alive for being able to kiss you whenever I want," he added.

"You're such a dork," I retorted, laughing.

Percy took my hand and led me out to his car. We usually don't have a lot of formal dates. We've been together long enough to just hang out whenever we wanted it. When it comes to romance, Percy's a lot better at it than I am.

He started talking about his week at school as we drove through the streets of our city. Since it's Saturday, many of the roads were more empty and spacious.

"Where are we going?" I asked while brushing my loose hair with my hand.

"I thought we could go to dinner at Persephone's Garden. I've heard that the scent of flowers may also be soothing for you," Percy replied.

"Aww, that sounds nice."

"Yeah, well, thanks to Nico, I have an 'in' at the place, which is great," he said.

I didn't want to ruin the moment by saying that the food might make me sick. Even though I was between immunotherapy treatments right now, some foods were still making me nauseous. Hopefully, our date doesn't get ruined because of me.

We arrived at the Garden pretty quickly. This restaurant has a bunch of tables spread out on cobblestones within a large garden. A lot of guests walk around the plants and trees before settling on a table.

Percy and I ended up doing the same. He was in a good mood today, and the entire atmosphere felt light yet passionate.

Like, something good would happen tonight.

I started realizing quickly that Percy wanted it to be a full night. He kept talking about how my mom wasn't at my home, and he didn't have anywhere to be later today. It was pretty clear his message.

"Did Thalia talk to you?" I asked after we sat down.

"She did say that you felt ready. I mean, if you're ready, then I'm down for whatever you want, Wise Girl. I love you," he replied easily.