Chapter 2

The bus pulled up and I quickly took a seat with my friend, Keith.

He's a mixed guy who thinks he's all that. Pshh, he wishes.

We sat and talked about the events the day before and soon approached the school.

I walked off the bus and into the building. As I made my way through a crowd of my peers Jessica blabbered on about how hot Adrian was.

Gag.

He wasn't attractive in my opinion. He was a little chubby and weird, but I guess my sister sees something in him.

Bam! I knocked into something hard.

Luckily I kept my balance and saved myself the misery of being trampled to death.

"Hey! Watch where you're.." Oh no.. you're shitting me right?

You're my mate."

Those were the horrible words that escaped Kaden Canyons' mouth.

With every word I felt more and more disappointed. Screw fate. There is no way I would ever be with this guy.

Mate or not.

Sixty three guys in our pack and I get the arrogant, womanizing Alpha? Hell no.

"Excuse me? Are you insane? I don't know what you felt but whatever it was.. it wasn't mutual."

As the words escaped my lips a look of pure hurt crossed his face. There was a sharp pain in my chest, but I ignored it.

The bell rang, saving me from this awkward situation, and with that I turned and walked to my first class, leaving a confused and embarrassed Alpha behind me.

Aww poor Kaden right? :(

It'll start getting better though, I promise ;].