Chapter 28

Desirae's POV

I heard my mom jabbering away excitedly on the phone with my father.

"Can you believe that our daughter is going to be the Luna?!" I'm sure she nearly destroyed my father's eardrums with all her screaming and whatnot.

I ran upstairs to my room and pondered whether or not I should text Kaden. I finally ignored the urge and hopped in the shower. I got out and wiped away the fog from the mirror, looking at myself, I came up with a great idea.

I decided to call Kaden but my heart was a little overwhelmed when he didn't answer. Maybe he's asleep? Maybe he's in the shower? Maybe he hates me now? Maybe he's out with that bitch? Ugh this boy is driving me insane. I went to the window going he would be there watching me, but he wasn't.

I had a strange feeling that something wasn't right. I called one more time and still got no answer so I decided that I should just go to sleep. I finally dried off and got dressed. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and laid down. I closed my eyes and all I could picture was Kaden. He was standing in front of me and he was saying something that I couldn't make out. It looked as if he were saying help.

I eventually drifted off to sleep dreaming of someone that I had once wanted nothing to do with, but now wanted everything we could and should be. 'Goodnight baby.' I heard him whisper right against my ear. I had the strange feeling that he was with me at that exact moment. Shortly after I drifted off to sleep.