34. BONUS CHAPTER

a/n: this is a special bonus chapter! I was going to wait until the very end of the book to upload it but I couldn't wait haha! I also picture this song with Hannah and Christian so much omg. I hope you guys enjoy!

March 7, 2023
Hannah's P.O.V

London was cold. The air wrapped around Hannah's exposed arms, leaving her to shiver as she walked along the tiny sidewalk. There was a vast difference between Hawaii and England- the most obvious being that there weren't any palm trees.

England had magnolia trees with leaves slowly turning a brighter color. Hawaii was full of art and rainbows that cascaded the buildings, unlike here, where the architecture was plain and dull.

But, as she made her way closer to the cafe, she knew one thing that England had that Hawaii didn't.

Her first love.

She caught a glimpse of him, sitting on the patio of the cafe. He hadn't noticed her yet. Hannah slowed her pace, taking in his look. His soft brown hair fluttered in the wind, leaving some strands across his forehead. He looked older with his heavy beard.

Handsome.

No.

He was wearing a dark blue tee shirt that showed off his muscular and tanned arms. His tattoos looked even more intriguing than usual, but she knew it was a trick of her mind. He wore his cross necklace- the chain he got from his grandmother.

Hannah glanced at her own clothes, wondering what he would think of her...not that it mattered. She wanted to look good- not for him, but to remind him what he lost. She let out a breath and entered through the back gate.

Christian heard the rattle of metal, turning his head to meet her eyes. He was sipping his drink, probably hot chocolate because he couldn't handle anything bitter, and he grinned against the mug. Hannah swallowed hard. He set down his mug before speaking.

"Hey." He said casually, standing up quick.

Hannah forced a smile towards him, hoping her cheeks wouldn't betray her in blushing. "Hey, Christian."

He clenched his jaw, biting on the edge of his lip. "I figured you'd want coffee to stay awake, so I got you a London Fog Latte."

Hannah raised a brow. "You forgo-"

"With almond milk." He interrupted, speaking in a low voice. "How could I forget, princess."

Hannah glanced into his addictive, mahogany colored eyes. He had a clever smirk across his lips, scooting a chair out from under the table. He motioned for her to sit and she did, sliding into the chair as gracefully as she could. She could feel him behind her, the way his hands lingered on the metal, while she leaned back. It seemed like they both were trying to show off- for two very different things, of course.

Of course.

Hannah watched as he made his way back to his seat, across from her. She narrowed her eyes on him, "You're sure acting different than last time I saw you."

Christian shrugged, taking another sip of his drink. "Maybe because your asshole of a fiancé isn't here."

There it was.

Hannah shook her head in distaste. "Don't be mean, Chris."

He hesitated, circling his finger around the handle of his mug. "Where is he?"

Hannah finally took a sip of her coffee, feeling her shoulders relax just slightly as the warm liquid soothed her throat. She shrugged, "Why? You trying to get his number?"