12.

December 4, 2022
Qatar

There was a distaste floating through the hotel. A dark cloud followed the boys as they analyzed everything they could've done. There was nothing anyone could do to make them feel better, especially after reading all the press had to say. Not to mention the sour attitude radiating off Stella's brother. Christian seemed to be taking things the worst.

The restaurant off the lobby was eerily quiet, with all the team members focusing on their food. Stella sat at a circular table with Christian. He was across from her, arms crossed against his chest as he looked past her head. She didn't have to turn around to know Hannah was at another table... talking to his competition. Stella dropped her fork on the plate, listening to the metal clank around.

"Chris, you're making it worse." She tried to point out.

He didn't bother shifting his gaze. "You're a pain in my ass."

Stella bit her tongue. "Well, when you're feeling sad don't come crying to me."

"I won't be crying over her." Christian snarled, finally looking into her soft eyes.

Stella raised a brow, tilting her head to the side. "Who said I was talking about Hannah?"

Christian didn't say anything. He looked down at his food, noticeably with his features drooping like a puppy. His brown eyes turned into a roasted chestnut.

"Hey." She felt a hand on her back. Stella looked up, finding Gio standing over her. He was still in his pajamas: a pair of baggy grey sweatpants, black muscle tee, and matching slides. She tried not to blush, feeling his hand rub circles on her shirt.

"Hey." Stella finally answered with a smile. "Wanna sit?"

"Sure." He grinned, plopping into the chair beside her. He rested his arm on the back of Stella's chair. She wanted to lean back and feel his skin against hers. And for him, it probably was a passing thought, but she could barely focus as he played with the ends of her hair. "How ya feeling, brother?"

Christian swallowed his bite of scrambled eggs. "Terrific."

"I'm sure." Gio chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. He was still twirling her freshly washed hair. "How'd you sleep?"

"Fine." Christian answered with a groan.

Gio coughed, looking over at Stella. "That was meant for your sister..."

Christian blew out a big puff of air, continuing to pick a part his plate. Stella forced a smile at Gio. "I couldn't really fall asleep, honestly."

"Why not?" Gio cocked his head to the side, looking confused.

Stella glanced at her brother, then back at those big caramel eyes. She leaned into him and whispered, "Hannah couldn't stop crying."

Gio leaned closer, pressing his lips against her ear. It sent a shiver down her spine as he spoke in a raspy voice. "Christian doesn't know?"

"Hannah doesn't want him to know that she's upset about their breakup."

Gio chuckled into her ear. "Remember when I said things were going to be an 11 on the bad scale?"

Stella rolled her eyes, leaning back into the chair. "You should've been a psychic."

"Yeah, I'd probably have more fans." Gio groaned. He took a pause, watching as Christian scrolled through his phone absentmindedly. "C'mon man, let's do something today!"

"So now you wanna be happy-go-lucky?" Christian shook his head. "You haven't even asked my sister out yet."

Stella's face dropped, feeling the air thicken around her lungs. "We should do something today. What if we all went to the England game. You could see Mase!"