25.

Gio pulled up to the house and parked against the curb. The afternoon sun was blurred from some puffy clouds moving in. Stella glanced at the palm trees swaying in the wind; a probable sign of a storm brewing. There was always a chance in Florida. She wondered if the others were still swimming.

Gio hopped out of the rental Jeep, patting the hood as he walked around. Stella let out a nervous breath, unsure of what was to come. But for now, it was just their parents waving goodbye. She hopped onto the grass, meeting her dad on his way to the car.

"Where you guys headed?"

He rubbed his stomach, "Late lunch. I'm starved. You two wanna come?"

"We already ate." Gio answered swiftly. "We were gonna get inside before it rains."

Mark nodded in agreement, cupping his hands around his eye as he turned to the sky. "Good idea. Where are your brother and sister?"

"They're with Hannah. She wanted them to get to know Hunter better." Gio rubbed the back of his neck.

Stella shook her head, giving her dad a kiss on the cheek. "Yeah, we didn't want to intrude. Plus, I'd had enough of the sun."

"Understandable." He patted her back. "I'll get you both a snack just in case."

"Thanks." They both sung in unison.

Stella wondered if they all were leaving. The boys too. Meaning- she'd be alone with Gio. Alone. With Gio.

She bit her bottom lip and made her way to the other adults. Danielle and Claudio were linked arm-in-arm as they strolled over with smiles. They didn't seem to be bothered by... well... anything. They gave them both a quick hug before slipping into their own rental.

Christian, Danny, and Nick were all standing in Club House attire: khakis, dress shirt, cuffs rolled up, leather shoes. Her brother looked tired, with dark bags sitting under his eyes. He shot the pair a curious look.

"Aren't you coming with us?" He asked, running a hand through his curly hair. "I had to get up from my nap for this."

"No." Stella patted her stomach, like her dad. "I already ate."

"I'm full too." Gio added. "Your dad said he'd bring us a snack any way."

"So you two are staying in?" He narrowed his eyes.

Stella could feel her nerves twisting under his hawk-like gaze. She fidgeted with the hem of her shirt. "Yeah, I think we're just gonna watch a movie."

"What movie?" Christian crossed his arms.

"Yeah, Stell. What movie? Maybe the kind where they don't have clothes on?" Nick teased with his tongue out.

She whacked him on top of his head, messing up his cow-lick. He winced, but retaliated with a shove of his elbow into her gut. "We're gonna watch Transformers."

"Transformers?" Gio whispered, looking confused.

"Yeah, I've really wanted to watch it." She just wanted to get inside, away from the awkward accusations.

Christian rolled his eyes. "Whatever. See you both later."

He brushed past her, and she wanted to reach out and hug him. He looked so pale and lifeless. Exhausted. Christian sulked away, getting into their parents car.

"If we come back and she has ANY kind of marks on her. I will kill you." Nick pointed an accusing finger. "Since Christian is a bit... preoccupied. Don't think you can get away that easy, buckaroo."