S I X T E E N

As soon as they are at Louis' apartment, which is quite modest but also homey, they both hit the hay almost immediately.

Louis offers to take the couch so Harry can take the queen size bed. Harry smiles and shakes his head, thanking him for his hospitality but declining anyway.

In hindsight, it shouldn't be weird for them to sleep in the same bed because they had to do that for a couple of nights during the trip too. Harry doesn't want to make things even more awkward, however, so he takes the couch without a complaint.

Harry sleeps fairly well, luckily, since the couch is more comfortable than he would have figured. About six hours later he awakes, and he sees that the sun is shining brightly outside through the window.

He stretches his stiff limbs and starts walking around the apartment, searching for the kitchen.

He finds it soon enough and then checks the fridge, and not so shockingly, it's as good as empty.

So Harry starts searching the cabinets for sustainable food products and luckily he finds some small buns that you can pop into the oven and a can of beans.

He warms the beans up in a small pan he finds in one of the drawers, looking quite musty, probably because Louis doesn't cook very often. He manages to turn the oven on and lays a few buns in the oven.

He also finds some oat milk somewhere in the corner of the cabinets and luckily the expiration date is still two months away. Harry finds some lonely berries in the freezer and blends those with the oat milk to make a smoothie.

He's just grabbing the buns out of the oven, softly singing a tune that he can't get out of his head when Louis enters the kitchen. Harry startles, partly because he didn't expect him to walk in so soon, but also because of how cute he looks.

Louis hums in approval when he sees all the nice foods but doesn't say any actual words. Harry doesn't mind though, because he knows that Louis isn't a morning person.

Just when he is serving everything up on some plates, Louis does speak up, startling Harry again.

"Do you want to go on a walk with Clifford? That poor guy really needs a good walk and maybe it would be a good opportunity for us to talk."

Harry immediately nods eagerly while handing Louis his plate. 'Yes, that would be great. I can't stay for too long though, because I need to head over to my parent's house until I find a temporary place I can stay."

Louis frowns, taking a seat at the table. "Where do your parents live?"

"My mom lives in Holmes Chapel, so that's about two and a half hours by train? I don't have to work for a while anyway and I love seeing my mom and maybe my sister."

"You could also always stay here, you know? I don't mind at all." Louis admits softly, before taking a sip of his smoothie. "I now have a personal chef!" He jokes.

Harry shakes his head, closing his eyes. "You were clearly mad at me when you left that plane and I don't want to intrude."

Louis stops eating for a moment, before swallowing. "I think we really need to talk so I can explain everything. Maybe you can decide after that what you want to do?"

Harry nods his head, curious about what Louis' explanations will be.

Clifford seems to find it time for a walk too because he barks and jumps on Harry's leg.

"Oh my god, Cliff! Get down!" Louis orders the dog, but it's to no avail.

Harry simply laughs and pets the dog's curly head with a timid smile playing on his lips. "Don't worry, I don't mind."