E L E V E N

After dinner, Harry and the others return to the villa. Louis is still ignoring him, happily talking to Zayn as they enter their summer residence.

Harry's steps falter, watching as the rest of the group walks inside the living room. He lets out a sigh and tilts his head to the ceiling, silently cursing to himself. He really hates himself.

And he is going to hate himself even more for this, but he has to call Sam back. He was too stunned when he saw the incoming phone call before, so he didn't have enough time to accept the phone call.

There must have been some good reason why Sam had been calling him, so he needs to hear from him what was the matter.

His feet slowly move up the stairs and he walks inside the bedroom, letting himself fall on top of the bed. Once he's comfortable, laying on the soft duvet, he extracts his phone from his pocket and thumbs on some of the buttons until he's ringing Sam.

It only takes two rings until his ex answers, grunting as his way of greeting. "What?"

"Ehm... Hi Sam." Harry mumbles, suddenly feeling unsure about his decision.

"Who is this?"

"It's Harry? Harry Styles?" Harry says, less as a fact and more as a question.

"Harry!" Sam says, cheerful now. "I called you about 15 minutes ago."

Harry chuckles. "Yeah, that's why I'm calling you." As if he would call Sam for some other reason. He rolls his eyes. "What's up?"

"I have some exciting news," Sam announces, sounding like he has a bright smile on his face.

Harry laughs humorously. "I'm sorry to break it to you, but I'm not exactly waiting for you to tell me good news. I figured it would be important."

"Well, I do think it's important, baby."

Harry cringes at the nickname, but he responds with a sigh. "Okay, tell me then."

Louis then suddenly enters the room, looking at Harry with a questioning gaze when he sees that he's on the phone.

"I'm coming to see you. I'm coming to Greece." Sam tells him then.

Harry blinks a few times, no words coming out of his mouth. "You're what? You're coming here? To Greece?" He whispers the last words silently, biting his lip when he sees Louis' face crumble in front of him.

"Yeah? Isn't it great!" Sam exclaims. "I'm now at the plane gate so I'll be there tomorrow morning!"

Harry closes his eyes, tears forming in his eyes. "You're coming tomorrow?"

Louis looks at the ground upon hearing those words, suddenly looking so broken and sad...

"Yeah! We're going to do this all right baby, I'm so sorry for canceling this trip so suddenly, but I'm going to make this right, I promise."

Like him not coming on this trip was the only problem they had. He mentally scoffs. Their relationship had been getting worse and worse for a long time.

"Okay... Sam, wait-" But it's already too late, and the beeps that indicate that Sam has hung up, enter his ear.

When he looks up to apologize to Louis, for everything he has done, he is gone.

-

He finds him outside, out at the beach, staring at the water.

Harry sends a silent prayer toward the sky, hoping that that might solve half of his problems.

He's not religious, not in the slightest. Hell, when he found out how homophobic some religious people can be, he ran away from them as soon as possible. He doesn't want to run in their circles.

But the thing is, he needs everything that could turn out in his favor, because everything that could go wrong, is going wrong. It frustrates him.

A few seconds later he's standing next to Louis. Harry also keeps his eyes glued to the ocean view, not daring to look his fake boyfriend in the eye.

"So, he's coming then?" Louis speaks up, his voice full of venom.

Harry jumps at the hatred coming from the normally always kind man. Sure, Louis sometimes likes to yell at people, but he never heard him speak this way.

He tries to swallow the huge lump in his throat, to no avail. He carefully looks toward Louis, only to find two dark blue eyes staring back at him. The usual magical color has shifted into something dark.

"Yeah..." he says, his voice barely a whisper. It washes away with the sound of the waves of the ocean, but it's clear that Louis does hear it because he closes his eyes with a sigh.

"I did try to tell him not to," Harry quickly continues, trying to justify his actions, "but he hung up immediately after he told me he was coming."

Louis hums, but it's more a mocking hum than anything else. "So you're trying to tell me you immediately tried to stop him? That you didn't ask him millions of questions to check if he was actually coming? The word okay didn't leave your mouth before you told him he should wait?" He scoffs.

Harry can feel tears welling up in his eyes, for the second time today. The darkness outside matches the hollow feeling inside his chest.

"I know I messed up, Lou. I know I fucked up big time..." He admits, biting his lip, before continuing. "I was just so shocked - I know that's not an excuse - but it just seemed so unreal... I wasn't prepared for him to say that."

"So call him now then," Louis says loud and clear, fully facing Harry now. "Call him now and tell him not to come."

"He's on the plane, he won't pick up-"

"He really fucked you up, didn't he?" Louis interrupts Harry's rambling. "You don't even dare to tell him to not come to you. You don't even dare to stick up for yourself." He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry-"

"Should I leave then?" Louis practically yells, throwing his arms in the air. "Are you going to tell your friends the truth? After everything they did for us today? Act like a happy couple with Sam? Should I look when the next plane home is leaving?"

"I-I don't know..." Harry stutters, suddenly feeling very small and so unsure. His hands are shaking, and Louis must see it, he isn't blind, but he doesn't shift. He's like a stone, motionless. Harry doesn't blame him.

"You need to get a grip," Louis says, softer this time. "You can't let anyone walk over you like that. You have to stand up for your beliefs." He shakes his head. "I really thought we-" He sighs. "I guess I'm just stupid and a dreamer. I managed to do it again." He chuckles. "I better get back to my dog Cliff."

"What do you mean?" Harry says. When Louis starts walking away, still shaking his head, he screams again. "What do you mean?!"

When there is once again no response and the only sound that is heard is the ocean and the darkness surrounding him, he sinks toward the ground in the sand. Yes, he really needs to get a grip, because Sam is arriving in the morning, and how should he explain to his friends that he suddenly has two boyfriends? And what will he tell Sam?

He really fucking needs to get a grip. Fuck.