E I G H T

The next morning, Harry wakes up with a pounding headache. It feels like someone is pounding on his head with a hammer and he lets out a groan because of the stabs of pain.

As soon as he sees two pills on the nightstand, he quickly grabs them and pops them in his mouth, swallowing them immediately and not even bothering to reach for the water.

Louis must have predicted his hangover and laid some pills next to Harry for him to take to ease the pain.

He relaxes in the bed again and prays that the painkillers will work soon.

Then, he can feel someone shift behind him and he then realizes that Louis is spooning him. His fake boyfriend is cuddling him from behind.

Harry stiffens and closes his eyes, biting his lip in the process. After the events of last night - he remembers a few things that occurred, but a lot of it is a blur - he can't handle this. He already embarrassed himself enough for this to be added to the list.

He is just about to slip out of bed and escape from a possible problem in the future when he feels Louis move behind him. It's not just a small movement, so Harry figures that he must be awake now.

He closes his eyes, knowing that it's too late for him to flee now. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Haz," Louis replies sleepily, letting out a yawn.

Harry decides to just face Louis, so he turns around so he's laying on his other side and gives Louis an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry for what happened last night... You know... Some of the things I said." He grimaces at the thought of the words he had spoken, some of them being something along the line that he thought Louis is hot. "And for this morning too."

"What happened this morning?" Louis asks with a confused expression. He runs a hand through his bed hair and Harry notes that Louis' hair now looks softer than ever before. He wants to touch it, but he refrains.

"You know." He gestures between them. "The whole spooning thing?"

Louis' eyebrows shoot up in the air. "You thought I was bothered by that?"

Harry nods his head. "Yeah. We're faking this after all and now you were spooning me. While I'm naked if I may add. You must be uncomfortable."

An unreadable expression clouds Louis' face and he looks away, staring up at the ceiling. "No, it's fine. It happens, mate. You can't control how you sleep."

Harry cringes at the word mate but decides to ignore the awkward aura and respond. "Yeah, I guess you're right but I still feel bad."

"Don't." Louis simply says, standing up and walking to the toilet.

Well, that's that, Harry thinks. He sighs and stands up, walking to the closet to put some clothes on. He doesn't want to make Louis even more uncomfortable than he must have already been.

He's just putting on some briefs when he hears the toilet flush. Louis pads in seconds later, and Harry looks at him from the corner of his eye as he picks some shorts.

"I don't mind what you said, by the way." He then hears Louis say, making Harry's eyes snap toward him.

"You don't mind that I said what exactly?"

Louis scratches the back of his head and looks away. "You know... That you said that I was hot." He says softly, finally meeting Harry's eyes again. "I can appreciate a compliment."

"Oh-", is all that Harry manages to articulate, his tongue suddenly feeling heavy in his mouth. "That's good. That you didn't find it offensive or sexualizing."