Chapter 21: S.P.Q.R. (Part 4)

"Since the enemy court magician is Zhuge Liang, the enemy has the factor to play at home," Alter said by rolling out a map of the area where the battle would take place. "The history is clear. Zhuge Liang is a first-rate strategist. Since he arrived in Gaul, Caesar's troops have been reorganised and the battlefield adapted."

"How do you know all this?" Yuto asked.

"We've infiltrated a spy inside the enemy," Mordred replied. "To be safe, I'd rather tell you nothing more and ask you to trust me."

Well, if Mordred trusted this person, then Yuto and Rider Yuto were more than willing to trust this person.

"Unfortunately, to make his act more credible, we purposely leaked some information such one of the masters owns a Reality Marble, Excalibur and Chaldea," Alter said.

"Basically, all information of a certain importance," Rider Yuto said, touching his chin and thinking about what their cards were. "In this case, the cards are Dragon Slayer, Auros and..."

Rider Yuto stopped abruptly, his expression was complex and this led everyone to wonder what he was hiding.

Rider Yuto turned to Auros who grinned and then turned to the others. "My Noble Phantasm."

"They know about Excalibur," Saber Mordred said monotonously.

"Not that," Alter replied, taking a fleeting look at Mordred before staring again at Rider. "I'm pretty sure the Throne of Heroes gave you that Noble Phantasm, am I right?"

There was a strange smile on Alter's face. Some might say sneaky, reminiscent of Morgan's.

"Do you want to have the deaths of your wife, daughter and friends on your conscience because you made the wrong choice again?" Alter leveraged Rider Yuto's desire to see his family and friends happy and his fear to make the mistake of overestimating himself again.

"You're exaggerating now," Mordred intervened, hitting Alter hard behind the back of the head. "Even if you're right, you can't force people to do what you want." Her expression became harsh as she stared at Alter. "Or else you'll become like that person."

Alter grunted while rubbing his neck.

Mordred turned to Rider Yuto. "If you want to do it, do it. If you don't want to do it, we'll find another way."

On the other hand, alternatives existed.

Rider Yuto felt like any criminal with his back to the wall, feeling that Alter knew him well.

"Yuto, is your Noble Phantasm related to the Dragon King Festival?" Claire asked.

"..." Rider's silence was in itself an affirmative answer.

That explains why he seemed against it. That event had marked Rider's life and the fact of having a Noble Phantasm like that was almost a bad-taste joke.

"If you don't want to, isn't there an alternative way?" Yuto asked.

"I will," Rider Yuto said, turning to Nero. "I expect a reward that is worthy."

"If the result will give Rome another day-"

"No, you will give me what I want," Rider Yuto replied immediately and harshly, ignoring that before him there were two emperors, one of whom did not seem to have liked, but Rider Yuto was the kind of person who did not give a damn about the person in front of him.

Rider Yuto considered what he was asked to do something he felt he had no right to do. However, he would do it for his wish.

"You must ensure their safety." Rider Yuto pointed to Martha. "Nothing must happen to my friends, my daughter, my master and Caster."