Chapter 11: Dragon Slayers

It was like the set of some kind of horror movie. The hallways of the castle were strewn with corpses of soldiers and attendants. The blood painted the walls, the guts scattered on the ground and the wraiths of the people made the palace a haunted house.

The group led by Yuto had located the Spirit Origin in the castle dungeons and had gone there to find a seriously injured man and a woman who was taking care of him by spreading an unguent and changing the bandages.

Noticing that the man was staring behind her, she turned to face the guests, but her eyes opened wide when she saw the blonde figure in front of him.

The blue eyes crossed the green orbits of Yuto. Her figure was perfect, Her soft and delicate features. Her light brown hair was tied in a braid.

"You are..." she looked away and continued to heal the man. "Friends or enemies?"

"It depends," Yuto replied. "Are you the Dragon Slayer who defended Lyon from the Dragon Witch's henchmen?"

The man nodded. Yuto felt a little relieved to have arrived in time.

"Indeed," the Dragon Slayer confirmed. "I am Siegfried, Saber Class Servant."

Siegfried, the hero who killed the Black Dragon Fafnir in Völsunga. His Noble Phantasm was Balmung, the sacred sword of the Nibelungen with which he had killed the Evil Dragon; so it had the attributes of Dragon Slayer.

"And you would be?" he asked.

"Allies," Marie replied. "We came here hoping to have your assistance in the battle against the Dragon Witch and Fafnir."

"I don't think he can leave this place, and even if he does, I don't think he can help you." The woman intervened abruptly. "His wounds are too deep."

Yuto turned his attention to the woman. "You're a servant, aren't you?" he asked.

"Nothing can be hidden from you... as usual," she sighed wearily.

"What?" Yuto looked puzzled.

The woman shook her head. She stood up and looked at the group.

"I am Caster and I have been summoned by the Holy Grail to end this Death Festival," she replied showing dignity and royalty worthy of a warrior queen. "I was in this town when it was attacked by the Black Dragon," she turned to Siegfried. "At the request of Berserker Rider, I am healing his wounds, but the curses that the Dragon Witch has placed on him prevent me to heal him completely."

"So he was cursed, huh?" Yuto glanced at Archer.

"I get it," EMIYA came forward to the Dragon Slayer.

Archer materialized Rule Breaker.

-A sword of negation and betrayal, that nullifies every kind of magecraft in the world.

Everyone watched while EMIYA stabbed Siegfried with the ceremonial dagger of the Witch of Betrayal.

-Magic's principles, divine providence, the principles of the world... everything will be brought back to their origins.

Siegfried could feel the weight of the curses inflicted on him by Jeanne Alter and Caster Gilles vanish like dust in the wind.

"Thank you." Siegfried was sincerely grateful for the help he had just received.

"Don't do it. I didn't help you out of mere charity." Yuto said abruptly. "I expect you to repay the debt by helping us against Jeanne D'Arc."

Caster smiled softly. "Brusque... just like him," he thought as he thought about a person from the past.