DEAR JAMES // JEGULUS // ANGST

In which James and Regulus used to date in secret but broke up because he was a death eater

In which James and Regulus used to date in secret but broke up because he was a death eater. And send him a letter knowing he's going to die.

~ ~ ~

Regulus will never stop loving James Potter. When they broke up it broke Regulus. But he understood why James couldn't be with him. Regulus was everything James was against.

But nothing hurt more when he heard Lily and him got married and were expecting a little boy.

That hurt him more than anything.

But he had to risk his life for James Potters happiness. James always wanted kids and he had to make sure his kids were going to have a normal safe life.

~ ~ ~

"There's a letter for you" lily told him

James nodded thanking her opening the letter.

Dear my Darling James,

I'm probably dead by the time you read this and that's okay. I just need you to know. I love you. More than anything. That's why I've risked everything to make sure you, your wife, and unborn son are happy and safe. I need to get everything off my chest. I'm only saying this because I've held it in too long. When I heard you and lily got together I broke... I never felt so much pain and I've been tortured by my parents. I'm not telling you this because I want you to feel bad. I don't. But I don't have friends like you do and I need someone to know how I felt I guess. And your having a son. I'm so happy for you. No matter how much it hurts. Are you going to name him Jake? Like you always wanted.. when you wanted kids with me? I hope not, sorry if you are but that was our imaginary kid. I love you so much James, and I hope you have a long happy life with lily and your son.

Your Reggie ( I miss you calling me that )

James cried as he read the end. He never wanted to hurt Regulus.

"James! Jake here is getting hungry, can you make us some soup?" Lily yelled from the baby's room.

James sniffed whipping his tears and getting up walking to the room.

"I don't want Jake to be his name." James told her

"But I love that name. So do you." Lily pouted

"Yea um that was mine and someone else's 'future' kids name. And they're dead now. They sent me a letter and said they hoped I didn't use the name. And I love the name I do lily but I can't do that to him" James explained

"Okay, okay" she nodded "him?" She asked

"Oh yeah but he wouldn't want me to say who he is." James told her

"That's okay, and we can figure out another name." Lily told him smiling and kissing his cheek.

"Thank you for understanding" James told her

"Of course" she nodded giving him a hug. "Now go and make me some soup." She half joked