♡⎠⎠ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟻 ⎝⎝♡

Asteria's POV

In response to Leonardo's question, my eyes widened, and I turned to face Alek, who was choking on his meal next to me.

I offered him a glass of water right away and rubbed his back.

"Are you okay, Alek", I asked looking at him with concern

He said in a raspy voice, "Ye-yeah"

He drank some water once more before giving Leonardo what I saw to be a glare.

He was angry at him, but why?

"Umm, no I've don't have any boyfriend", I answered Leonardo eventually

"Good for you", he replied before turning to face Alek once again and I was confused as usual.

Anyway, we completed our lunch after that. The dessert, though, was the nicest part.

Baklava...

It was so mouthwatering. I loved it.

While others were still eating their dessert, I quickly completed mine. This time, their talk of subject was cars.

I was drinking on some water when I felt eyes on me. I looked around but found no one.

After a while, as I was laughing at my brother and Alek's arguments, I once more felt eyes on me. This time, though, I saw a man staring at me. He was taking pictures of me with a camera in his hand.

Even when he caught my gaze on him, he winked at me. I was uneasy since he was staring at me all the time. I attempted to distract myself by toying with my fingers beneath the table, but it was too late.

I looked up at Alek, who sensed it and kept his firm grip on my leg. His hand felt warm on my thigh because I was wearing a short dress.

"What happened?", he asked quietly.

"Nothing", I said, trying to smile at him, but he caught me.

"Tell me, Angel", he whispered, and I gazed into his eyes, which were filled with compassion.

"There's a man there who is constantly looking at me and clicking my pictures", I explained.

"Where is he?", he questioned sternly, and I pointed to the man who was about to take another photo of me, but when he recognised Alek alongside me, all the colour left his face.

As though he had seen the devil!

"Don't worry Angel. I will handle him", he said and I nodded at him

"I think we should leave now", he said to Demi and Leonardo, and they agreed.

We left the restaurant, but Alek excused himself by stating he needed to use the bathroom. Leonardo followed suit after saying his goodbyes.

After about 5 minutes, he returned and sat in the passenger seat, while Demi and I sat in the back seat together.

As the driver started the car, I noticed the same man who had been taking my shots. His appearance was sloppy. He appeared to have been punched hard, and his camera was broken as well.

Did Alek do this to him?

No way!

I looked at Alek in the mirror, who winked at me, and I smiled like a fool.

Don't do it, Asteria!

Time skip

It's been a week after that restaurant event, and Alek and I have started talking more frequently. He gave me his personal phone number so that I could call him whenever I wanted.