Chapter Nine

Eva

"Is there anything else you wanted to ask me?" I questioned, looking at Kieran. Vito had his face set harshly, still upset about Kieran poking fun at him.

"Well," Kieran glanced at Vito who bit his tongue. "We wanted to know how much experience you have had with this sort of thing."

"Oh," I mumbled shyly, doubting myself as I spoke, "I've never had two boyfriends before if that is what you are asking?"

Kieran raises his brow and grins. So that is not what he meant?

"Ohh uhh, I've never really done anything before this," my cheeks warmed with embarrassment, "I was raised to have my first everything with my mate but we all know how that turned out."

Vito's stare softened and he looked at me with playful eyes. I gnawed the inside of my cheek nervously. 

"We want to take it slow with you, Eva. I just wanted to make sure you're aware of the dynamic of the relationship that we are after," Kieran divulged, his hand resting on top of mine that was picking at a napkin. He rubbed his thumb in small circles on my wrist to try and provide reassurance.

"Like what?" I quizzed him more. I did note how quiet Vito was. I could see him eagerly holding back from rushing me. 

"There are just some things we enjoy doing to our partner," Kieran apprehensively starts, "and names we enjoy being called by our partner. We don't want to force you into anything."

I don't understand.

"I don't know what you want from me. What do you enjoy, and what do you want me to call you, are your names not Kieran and Vito?" I squeaked out, flickering my eyes between them both.

"Pet, I want to bend you over the table and fuck you with a gag in your mouth. Does that example suffice?" Vito stated, dropping his eyes to my boobs shamelessly.

My mouth dropped open at how blunt Vito was. My heart was pounding heavily inside my chest. Kieran had his jaw slack like mine. He may not have expected his friend to be so candid with me. 

"You will find out what I want to be called later," Vito grinned with his bottom lip pressed between his teeth, his face seeming as smug as when I first met him. 

I swallowed hard and wiped my clammy hands on my clothes. 

"Kieran?" I mumbled. I couldn't say if I was scared of what Vito just spewed out, or excited. 

"He shouldn't have been so brazen," Kieran grumbled, looking at Vito who watched me hungrily. 

Vito shifted from his seat at the dining table to the sofa. He spread his arm over the back of the lounge and called me over to him with his usual demanding voice. "Eva, come here."

I felt heat pool inside my tummy. Kieran seemed unsure of what Vito's goal was but encouraged me to go to him with a tap on my hip. He started clearing the table, maintaining a cautious eye on his impulsive best friend. 

Vito pressed his full lips together and watched me under hooded eyes. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me next to him, making me nestle into his side. 

"Go to sleep, Pet. You have had a long day," Vito murmured, rubbing his hand up and down soothingly on my side as I closed my eyes.

🎀

I am woken up by sunrise when Vito squeezes his hands on my bum, carrying me to his car. Kieran is waiting in the driving seat as Vito plops his butt in the front seat, keeping me on his lap. 

"What is going on?" I yawn, pathetically attempting to stretch my arms in front of me. The space was very small and tight for me to stretch out my limbs.

"We need to hunt. I said you should stay home but Vito disagreed," Kieran explains quietly, aware it is very early in the morning. 

I nod tiredly and rest my head back on Vito's shoulder, trying to close my eyes. It became increasingly difficult when Vito taps his fingers rhythmically up my leg. I squint my eyes up at him, seeing his amused expression. 

After ten minutes or so of traveling down the road, Kieran veers the car down a dirt path further into the woodlands. I always felt my stomach go uneasy when I couldn't see too far ahead, but I tried to remain confident with both Kieran and Vito with me. 

Kieran parks the car near a clearing. "Eva, if you'd like to shift and stretch your legs. The weather is really nice today."

"Yes, okay."

I am still scared each time I shift. It hurts my muscles and breaks my bones. But I know the more I shift, the less sore I will be. Each time it will get better.

I climb out of Vito's lap and my feet land on the soft grass. The wet ground woke me up quicker than I anticipated. 

"Shift. We will go and hunt after you have shifted," Kieran pressed, crossing his arms over his meaty chest. My eyes remained a second too long on his biceps that rippled through his shirt before Vito, who stood behind me, hit my buttock. 

I whine and hug myself tightly as my body morphed. I felt very vulnerable when shifting in front of both of them. 

"Ten minutes. Then you come back here, Pet," Vito had a little smile reaching his lips. He disappears first into the forest. 

"Call out if you need us, Eva." Kieran scratched under my jaw, vanishing just like Vito. 

I huff and start padding my feet across the cold ground, sniffing everything that was pretty and bright. A collection of orange, red, and yellow flowers sat at the edge of the clearing caught my eye, and I picked up my pace to quickly get to them. 

They were very pretty. I will definitely pluck some before we leave so I can plant them back at home. 

I remain content watching the bugs that surrounded me and pretty plants that scattered over the flooring, before my whole world felt like it dropped beneath the surface. 

"Evangeline?" I heard the word bounce around my head before I whipped my body around in fright. I cowered my tail between my legs and immediately felt myself submit.

Alpha Magus.