Chapter Three

Eva

"I am not your pet!" I exclaim, biting the inside of my cheek to keep myself from crying. I was more than just a dog. He was very rude to me when I am just trying to be a friend.

"Pet," Vito repeats, which only makes my fists tighten into balls.

"You are more hairy than me. I think you are the pet here," I tell him bravely, tickling my finger at his long hair.

"Enough. Stop acting like children," Kieran says harshly.

I feel my throat fill up. I didn't want to disappoint him. He was my first friend in a while, and he is now mad at me.

"I am sorry," I apologize pitifully.

"Beg for forgiveness, Pet," Vito grins, his hand soon gripping my chin, tilting my head up at him.

"You do what I say or I will call Magus and give you to him... for free," Vito holds my face up to his and I can feel his hot breath on my skin.

"I am sorry, I am sorry!" I repeat quickly, shivering in disgust with myself.

"Vito!" Kieran shouts at Vito. His grip drops from my throat.

I feel my eyes to blurry with tears. "Stop being such a fucking dickhead, Vito. Enough is enough."

Kieran tells Vito off and rubs my sore neck. I'm terrified of Vito. He calls me a dog, but when I try to bite back I am nearly killed. Vito simply slouches back into the lounge and watches the screen that played black and white pictures. His arm rested on the back of the chair, and his eyes carefully watched me.

🎀

I try to keep the pained expression off my face. I was sandwiched between Kieran and Vito. Kieran was awake and watching a movie. Vito was asleep and squishing me like a teddy bear, smooshing my face into him.

I try to shuffle myself out from Vito's grabby hands. My neck was held wrong and started aching. I tugged at Kieran desperately for help.

The corner of his lips turns up a bit.

"He isn't so bad, see."

Kieran simply moves Vito's hands and replaces me with a pillow. I extend my arms and legs in a big stretch. I was sore from being handled like a doll.

"I am sorry for messing up your day," I softly tell Kieran after a short while.

Kieran turns to me and lifts me onto his lap until I was snug with my feet tucked on either side of his legs. "I have lived a long life, Eva. Today has been the best so far."

I feel my body go red with nerves. "Maybe, but Alpha will be mad at you."

"I can be worse," Kieran grins at me, grabbing my hips with his hands. "If you think this is Vito being mean to you, wait until Magus comes. Then you will see him be really mean."

I feel flustered and blush like a baby. When Kieran's eyes meet mine, I can tell he is really tired and hungry. Kieran's big, strong hand gently travels from my waist, up my neck before lightly grabbing me.

"I know you are hungry, I trust you," I not-so-subtly suggest like a desperate fool.

There are only two things that could possibly happen. One, he drinks and stops. Two, he drinks, I die, no more being afraid. Either way, I win.

"I'm not doing that to you, Eva," Kieran mutters, massaging my skin with his hands. I notice how his pupils get larger over time.

"I said I trust you," I remind him again.

I feel his hot breath on my neck and his thumb dragging over my vein. I know he has been thinking about it.

"Eva..." Kieran kisses my neck softly. His mouth is so gentle and wet against my skin. "Thank you..."

Kieran pulls my skin between his teeth and bites me. He was so careful about not hurting me, I hardly felt any pain. I had so many endorphins filling me up from him kissing me, it was like heaven.

Kieran slows down and laps his tongue to clean up the blood before smooching me straight on the lips. I gasp softly and feel myself melting into him. I have never been kissed like that. Magus was mean to me, and I ran off before he could even try anything.

"Eva, you are too kind to strangers," Kieran mumbles against my mouth, breathing heatedly.

"We are friends," I give him a small smile. I felt like I was kicking myself. Friends?..

"I hope you don't give Vito the same benefits of being your friend then," Kieran pecks my lips once more.

"I promise," I immediately agree like a puppy being shown a treat.

sorry for the slow updates.. work keeps calling me in for shifts and everything has been crazy right now. This chapter is short, hence double update lol