CHAPTER 17

(Life)

"So beautiful-kind girl, where do you want to go?" Yuichiro asked me without removing the smirk on his lips; He then winked at his brother who was now red as a tomato

"Thank you for the undying compliments. To answer your question, I'm not quite familiar with this place. Therefore, you will be the one who needs to decide," I smiled sweetly. Lies. I'm very familiar with this mountain. I had several missions here about demons and unexpected wolf encounters.

"Oh okay. You know what, between me and my brother, he is the one who loves to walk around the mountain." He then proceeded to grab Muichiro by the wrist and throw him toward me. Thankfully, I caught Muichiro before we both fell to the ground.

"Hey!" I raised my voice in annoyance. Muichiro then raised his head from my chest and blushed furiously; which I did as well unconsciously.

Our faces are too close that I can physically feel his breath on my lips.

'Umm— aren't I too young for these things?'

I cringed. Hard. Suddenly, I remembered all the romantic fantasies Mitsuri keeps on talking about.

'Wrong person, fate. Wrong person!'

"Here, are you alright?" Brushing these thoughts away from my head, I proceeded to help Muichiro to regain his balance. However, it looks like he needs to gain his composure first before anything else. He may be standing now but he's still a tongue-tied tomato.

'Aww, got a little crush on me? Adorable.'

I'm used to people having a crush on me especially after saving their lives. Guess what, the Tokito boy is no different.

'Wait— is this why everyone keeps calling me, beautiful-kind girl? Well ouch. I thought they were being genuine'

"So my dear brother, take you—I mean the beautiful-kind girl for a walk. Take her hand to make sure she doesn't get lost. I'll be going now, Bye!" Yuichiro then began to walk away but I wasn't going to let him do that. I'm still not done with both of them.

So I ran after him and held his right hand using both my hands. I smiled sweetly and spoke with the softest voice I could ever do.

"Please don't leave," I begged and gazed at him directly in the eyes. His cheeks began to burn red as he sighed.

"Whatever," He pulled his hand away.