CHAPTER 2

(The train)

"Please accept my apologies for failing to inform you about him, my daughter. He is the new mist pillar, Muichiro. An extremely talented child that became a pillar after only two months of handling a sword. He became a pillar about a week ago, the reason why you are unfamiliar with him," Your father spoke in his usual gentle voice.

"I see. Nice to meet you then, Muichiro Tokito "

The boy bowed his head slightly.

"Let's continue the meeting," you spoke as you unrolled the map and placed it on the ground for everyone to see.

"As I checked the condition of Japan, I noticed that the deaths caused by demons increased by 40%. Most victims are women, and children at the age of 9-16 years old." You placed your finger at the map and pointed at a mountain.

"Mt. Honoka, this mountain is home to several demons. Most demon slayers that came there died from poison and suffocation. There's a chance that many missing demon slayers are still there, captured. This one will be tricky. We'll be sending Kocho and Rengoku," You turned your gaze at Shinobu.

"Bring as much medicine as you can for this expedition, Kocho-san. Bring some kakushis as well so they can assist you with medical care for the demon slayers trapped there."

Then you turned your gaze back to the map. You pointed at a mountain surrounded by water.

"Mt. Sayuri? Isn't Mt. Sayuri free from demons? Since many demon slayers and hashiras retire there, it will be dangerous for them to be there." Kocho asked.

"Sad to say, that is not the case anymore. All victims there are newborn babies and toddlers. I have gathered that they are hiding in schools and hospitals. We believe that the demons here have incredible speed, causing them to be hard to catch. We will be sending Kanroji for this mission, and Obanai will accompany her,"

You pointed at another mountain.

"Mt. Goro, I believe that this mountain has 2 members of the twelve Kizuki, Lower moons to be exact. In my conclusion, its demon art has something to do with manipulating liquid and turning them into solid spikes and weapons. We will be sending Tamioka and Shinazugawa for this one." Sanemi's eyes widened, then he gritted his teeth.

You turned to Sanemi.

"Please abstain yourself from killing your partner for this mission," He glared daggers at you. 

"Anyways," you pointed at a village.

"Shika village, this village has the highest death rate in the whole of Japan, caused by demons. Me and Te-"