CHAPTER 5

(Thunder pillar)

"Hey, are you okay?"

When the small girl raised her eyes, she saw a guy who appeared to be an angel. A female with silky white hair stands behind him, looking like a goddess sent from heaven.

The man held out his hand to assist the girl in standing up. The tiny girl grabbed his hand in hers and rose to her feet. She looked into his glistening eyes, which reminded her of stars.

Those stars loved her and are the ones who helped her go through the dark.

The stars cherished her in times of despair.

The stars stopped blazing after a monster stole their fire, rendering them frozen and unable to move or breathe.

Unconsciously, her body moved and hugged the man.

She felt the same warmth of the stars in her life as she hugged the man. He reminded her of them. How she wished the star's fire of life didn't leave their body in a blink of an eye. She hoped they were still here, with her, even if it meant returning to the nightmare she had just left. Death, on the other hand, chose to take them away from her, leaving her alone.

The man rubbed her back, which made her eyes heavy with wells of tears. She closed her eyes, allowing the tears to escape.

She remembered her family. After each time in hell they always brush the tangles out of her hair.

Every time she felt like choking in fear, the warmth of their hands soothed her down.

She remembered how they hid her behind their backs while defending her, even if it meant risking their lives.

She wanted to protect and save them since they were the most important people in her life.

She is, nevertheless, weak.

She's completely useless.

The monster that slaughtered them shall perish, but how can she kill something she's terrified of confronting?

Suddenly, she felt someone behind her.

"Darling, come here. Don't run away like that again, okay?"

She hugged the man as tight as she could, not wanting to let go.