CHAPTER 10

(Cliff)

As the sun strikes the ground with its bright-burning rays, the dust floating in the air formed small circular motions together with fallen leaves from trees. The horrid scent of damp-earth moist air enters your nostrils as you take a deep breath. With your eyes closed, you slowly exhale as the rustling sounds of the grass serve as music in your ears.

"Harmony breathing, 1st form, vibrating strings," You whispered. The moment the wind mixed with dirt brushed your right cheek, you tightly grasped the handle of your bokken and slipped your right foot backward, then whirled in the air, sideways, covering your body with a blanket of warm air, moving towards Muichiro.

He narrowed his eyes and immediately used his legs to move to the side to avoid your attack.

As you landed, tiny vibrations beneath your feet alerted you of the exact location of a mist pillar hidden within layers of mist.

"Mist breathing, 4th form, sea of clouds and haze," Muichiro dashes forward, trying to strike your hand to force you to drop your bokken due to pain.

In a blink of an eye, you leaped into the air and kicked his chest. Your ear grasps a loud thud as well as the cracking sound of broken wood instantly as Muichiro's body slams on the ground. With a broken bokken beside him, he tries to get up but stops him by pressing your foot against his dust-covered uniform over his abdomen.

With an irk mark on his forehead, he tries to get up and escape your foot. He lifted his head. However, it immediately got slammed back on the ground as you pressed your food harder, causing him to wince.

"Great job! Your speed increased dramatically since the last time we fought," Your lips curved into a smile that a proud teacher would bestow to their honorable student. You lean into your leg a bit more and rest your arm over it.

Muichiro then winced even more and buried his fingernails further into the skin in his palm, causing a trickle of blood to exit the tiny wound.

Your smile quickly faded and turned into a worried look.

"Did I press too hard?"

Still wincing in pain, he nodded slightly.

"I see,"

You gently removed your foot from his abdomen and offered your hand to help him get up.

"I'm sorry about that," you uttered regretfully. Turning your eyes to the ground, you felt someone's hand gently rest on your shoulder.