CHAPTER 9

(Training)

"Let's start with a simple spar to see what we need to improve. However, you will need to show me your worth,"

Using your left hand, you grabbed a bokken beside you and threw it over to Muichiro.

Muichiro caught it perfectly in its handle and nodded. He then got into his fighting stance.

You selected another bokken from the sword rack and stepped back three steps. You established your fighting stance across from Muichiro and began scrutinizing his fighting stance.

It may be indiscernible to the eye of a neophyte, but the stand of his has numerous openings. If you want to finish the fight in mere seconds, You could leap into the air and land beside him, then kick the back of his leg to divest his footing and let him fall into the ground. By then, you could point the sharp end of your bokken at his neck, and victory will be yours.

However, victory is not what you desire.

He must improve, and that is your objective.

His fighting stance is, nevertheless, outstanding for someone who has only been training for two months. It is comparable to someone who has trained for years.

With a slight nod, you signaled Muichiro that the fight had begun.

"Mist breathing, 4th form, Shifting flow slash," Taking a deep breath, Muichiro uses his bokken to strike you at a blinding speed. Without leaving your position, you deflect his attack with your bokken, sending him flying into the air.

The wind brushed Muichiro's hair as his eyes widened. He thought he saw an opening. However, it was not.

Your stance is impeccable, with no openings. Muichiro may have a short memory, but he is adamant that he has never seen anyone with such flawless fighting stance as yours.

It's similar to your aura. Your eyes following him around like a fly sends a clear message to him that he has no chance of winning this fight. He will, however, give it his all to prove himself worthy of the title of hashira.

"Mist breathing, 6th form, Lunar dispersing mist," Muichiro then releases a series of countless ranged attacks downwards, aiming to hit you. Your leg moved away from the affected area with ease to avoid getting caught on the constant slashes of Muichiro's attack.

Muichiro's aura thickened as soon as the sole of his geta hit the ground. He's a lot more serious now than before.

"Mist breathing, 1st form, Distant haze," You turned around and deflected his attack again with your katana. You jumped back and got into your fighting stance.