Chapter Thirteen: Back To School

"Hello"- Normal Speech
"Hello"- Sign Language
"Hello"- Luz's Deaf Accent
'Hello'- Thoughts

~{Two Week Later: The Owl House}~

Lucia's P.O.V

"Onward Sir Amatus! We must protect the Kingdom of Darkness!!" King says happily in his red cape and newly made wooden sword that his big sister Luz made for him.

Though the baby Slitherbeast Amatus just tilted his head, making his fluffy dark blue fur tussle a bit, as he stared at the little demon boy confused, just let out a happy bark and tackles him playfully.

"Ahhhh No not me!!!"

Mom and I just laughed at the two playing while Luz was filming the whole thing to put it in as a new entry in her digital family album. It has been a hectic two weeks after bringing Amatus home with us as well as a busy one.

We had to fill mom in on what happened up on the Knee and call up Nana about what we found. Then came the time for the girls to go back to school and not have as much time to spend with each other, but she knew that Amelia and Amity value their school grades. Even if her girlfriend does have issues with Runic Sequences and crystal ball calls me in the dead of night to help her.

'I'm just glad Luz made me go through her hellish math boot camp when I was having trouble remembering some simple equations while I was making my chemical compounds.' I let out a small sigh and watch King and Amatus charging towards the massive pile of plushies when we heard Hooty crash through the living room window.

"HOOT HOOT HOUSE!!!! We have guests and They say they're here for Luz and Lucia!" 

"Hooty!! Goddamnit stop crashing through the window!!!" Mom chided as she bonks him on the head," Amatus is still little and could get hurt because of you dumbass!!!"

"Sorry!!" He quickly slithers out of the window and back to the door, opening it to the guest, while Eda uses her magic to fix the window for the umpteenth time this week. Luz looks up from her phone and quickly puts it away as the surprising sight of our grandma and Mrs. Odalia came into the house.

"Nana, Mrs. Odalia, what can we do for you today?" I ask politely as both King and Amatus dash into Luz and my laps. I gently motioned them to take a seat on the other couch as Eda summons some drinks for all of us," I'm sorry that we kinda look a bit sloppy, but today is a chill day for us so."

It really was as Luz and I were just in our boxers, tank tops, and house socks. Tuesdays are 'restocking days' or in mom's words, 'family stress-free days'. Mom was in her house clothes and slippers and all in all, this was just something Luz and I got slowly accustomed to but that didn't mean we skipped out on our training.

Nana looked at us with a small smile on her face, happy that we were getting somewhat of a peaceful life here in the Isles, as she started the conversation," You don't need to apologize, Lucia, we came unannounced after all."

She thanks Eda for the glass of cool hard apple blood and takes a small sip before speaking again," Though I think you know that both Odalia and I didn't come here to talk about the weather, right?"

I nod softly as I let Amatus nibble on my fingers a bit," It involves what you found from the box and the girls right?"

She nods grimly," Seems like the poachers were part of the underground trafficking ring that is slowly spreading from Latisa and Shincity to here in Bonesbrough. From what my connections could tell me, night workers have been seeing strange-looking witches and demons lurking around some specific areas around town and you two are not going to like it."