The Two Angels and Their Two Broken Dragons Part Two

"Hello" - Normal Speech
"Hello "- Sign Langauge
"Hello" - Luz's Deaf Accent
'Hello' - Thoughts

Amity's P.O.V

Once Luz and Lucia left to get cleaned up, I felt my legs finally give out as I crumbled onto the ground while looking at the small amount of blood on my hands.

"AMITY!!!" My older sister was about to run over to me to see if I was alright but I stopped her just as she was about to take her first step.

"DON'T!!...P-Please just give me a moment." 

My mind was having a fight within itself with both my morals and feelings about Luz, Lucia, and everything that has been happening around me ever since meeting the Drakes. 

It is not the first time I have seen or had blood on my hands, working with my father in his lab and my mother's beast-keeping family had made me relatively numb to the sight of blood. I had hunted beasts, helped out in the beast clinic, and even patched up my idiot brother after his destructive experiments, but this blood was so much different than the ones of animals.

I had to swallow back the bile that was starting to travel up my throat as the disgustingly strong smell of rusty iron and guts. My hands were trembling terribly as I look down at my crimson-covered hands.

My mind was spiraling down and I was ready to let out a horrified scream when I felt someone place a hand gently on my shoulder. I turn my head toward the person and to my surprise, it was Ms. Sophia who was crouching down at my level as she rubs my back softly.

"Follow my breathing little one and take it nice and slow." She started slowly breathing in and out, motioning me to follow her example as she continues to comfort me. I slowly started following her breathing, much to my eldest sister's relief and after a few minutes I was able to control my breathing and my mind was gradually coming back to its senses.

"Are you okay Amity?" Ms. Sophia asks and I nod softly," Good, your sister called me over from the kitchen when she saw you crumble to the ground."

"I-I'm sorry for being a bother ma'am."

She shook her head softly and gave me a gentle smile," You have no need to apologize Amity. You were just given a massive shock and witnessed a horrendous display, believe it or not, you are taking this much better than the girls did when they found out what Luz and Lucia truly do for a living."

This piqued my interest as Ms. Sophia gradually helped me up to my feet," Um, what were Luz and Lucia like when you first met them?"

She looked surprised at my question but I need some sort of distraction right now as we walked over to the kitchen to cook something for the Drake sisters while they were cleaning themselves.

"Lucia and Luz were very different back then. I met them when they were just ten and eight respectively. I needed to hire some of the best mercenaries to be my muscle at one of my clubs where people would get pretty handsy with the dances and entertainers, but to my surprise, they sent me two short, skinny, and sleep-deprived children as my muscle.

You wouldn't believe how furious I was when I saw those two were going to be my guards. I thought their boss, Cain, was pulling a sick joke on me and I was about to toss them out when one of the regulars get very handies with one of my best girls. Both sisters immediately leaped into action and promptly scared the drunk bastard shitless and tossed him out. The girls loved them instantly but that was also the night I saw just how much their boss had pushed them. Once the night was over and we were locking up the club. Lucia and Luz were passed out in one of the clean booths and it was then that I decided to take them in and work for me."