Tech, Magic, and Why Luz is Always the Driver Part 4

~{Meanwhile in Luz's Temporary Lab}~

"Hello"- Normal Speech
'Hello'- Thoughts
"Hello"- Sign Language
"Hello"- Luz's Deaf Accent

Lucia's P.O.V

: Flash Back - One Hour Before :

"It's so good to have my Puma back *sniff* I wanna cry!!!! " Luz signs out in pure joy as she was crying while hugging her new Mischievous Purple Mustang GT500 as the others were looking at the sexy car in awe.

Luz loved her car to bits back before the mission in China as it was the first ever big kid purchase. Mind you we really didn't give two fucks when it came to the law and when we bought the car from its previous owner, they didn't bat an eye at a twelve-year-old buying a fully functioning car.

But I mean the dude was a crackhead and probably needed the quick cash to get his next fix. It took us about two fucking hours to get the car clean since we found a shit ton of trash, broken crack pipes, fast food wrappers, and dealing with mysterious stains that I did not want to know what made them.

But after giving the car a very deep clean, also making sure to wear gloves and masks, a well-needed car wash, and Luz giving it a full inspection. It was the envy of the men and teen boys and the smutty fantasy of most women as they saw us drive by them.

This wasn't her first rodeo when it came to cars as she was in charge of the upkeep of the Santiago Gang's cars and other vehicles. You have no idea how impressive it was watching a little nine-year-old pottering around the car garage, pushing around her tool cabinet that was twice her size. 

Then when she got her very own car, I had to sit through a whole fucking week of my sister signing a million miles a minute about what she wanted to add to the car, not being able to sleep because of the sounds of Luz wielding and building loudly the night away and then having to literally fight my little sister to make sure she was resting and eating. 

It got to the point I had to physically tied her down onto her bed so that she would get her minimum of five hours of sleep and finally give me a break at night so I can catch some Zs. I love my sister to bits but even I have my limits when she needs to know about nighttime boundaries. This is why I am so happy that nana is building a whole separate building and not an add-on to the Owl House. Never underestimate the sheer volume of how loud Luz's explosions can get at night or if the industrial grade A soundproof will even work with her experiments plus the heavy bass techno music she likes to put on while working.

Anyway, as Luz inspecting the Puma 2.0 Amity was the one who was the most interested in what the car is and the amount of heavy-duty equipment that Luz has at her disposal till she gets her whole lab up and running as well as installing her supercomputer in the building.

"Um Lucia," Amity started as she picked up a thick book that read, Automotive Engineering for Dummies," What is all this and what is that thing Luz is crying over?"

"That my dear little padawan is a human vehicle called a car. The car is actually the most popular way humans travel all around the world along with others. Think of it like a rat cart, and demon bus you guys have here but instead it's all automated." I walk over to one of the large whiteboards and grab an expo marker to start drawing and teaching what I learned from watching my sister," As you know the human realm has no magic so instead, we relayed on more of the sciences and technology to help us during our day to day life. From what I have observed while living here on the Isles, you can ask for Luz's opinion on this matter as well, is that yall really don't have much when it comes to innovation, experimentation, or thinking outside the box when it comes to magic.