Stimmimg and A Witch Convention Part 3

"Hello " - Sign Language
"Hello" - Luz's Deaf Accent
'Hello' - Thoughts
"Hello" - Normal Speech

L
U P
Z O
    V

{Three Hours Later: The Entrance to the Convention}

After walking from the Slaygrounds to the center, we met with Willow and Wionna who were waiting for us.

"Sorry it took us so long, papa got a new order of book repairs from the library this morning and had us help him," Wionna explained.

We told them that it was fine and after making sure everyone was there and King was secured in my hood, we all entered the center to the most amazing sight I've ever seen in my life!

There were stalls after stalls of different goods, wares, food, and so many different magical items that made the scientists inside me want to experiment with it all!! I was vibrating with all the possibilities for upgrading and creating new gear that combined both technology and magic for me and Lucia but I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone's hand holding mine.

I blink for a moment and turn to see Amity hold my hand shyly with a small blush on her face.

"D-Do you want to explore the magical item stalls, Luz?"

I gently squeeze her hand and nodded rapidly but Lucia stopped us with a teasing look in her eyes.

"Now hold on you two, remember we have to stay together. This is Luz and my first time here and we also have to  watch King for our caretaker."

I started to puff my cheeks and pout at my older sister as I felt King wiggle around in my hood. What I didn't realize was that Amity had to cover her mouth with her hand a bit to stop giggling at my reaction to my sister stopping us from separating from the group.

"But Lucia!!!! " I complain as I sign with my free hand," There are a bunch of magic items that I could use to upgrade and experiment with the stuff we brought from the lair!!! Oh, come on I wanna go with pretty Ami!!!!"

Lucia blinks at my complaint while Gus is holding his stomach from laughter. Amity looks in confused and asked what I just said and when he did translate it, her face went even redder.

Lucia just flicked my forehead and told me that I had to stay with the group but I could still hold my pretty Ami's hand which I was really happy about but I was worried about Ami since she looked sick.

"Are you okay Ami?" I asked when we all started walking and exploring all the different stands. I was getting really worried about how red she was getting but she also had a smile on her face.

"Um Luz, I'm sorry but I don't understand your hand language..." She gave me a sad smile which I didn't like because she looks much better with a happy one. I tried to get either Gus or my sister's attention but they were off exploring. Lucia was being Lucia with Amelia and Gus was talking to Willow and his brother about some kind of club here.

I wasn't left with many options on how to communicate with Amity. I couldn't even use my little notepad since I left it back at the Owl House and my anxiety was peaking a bit as my brain was overthinking.

"Luz? Is everything alright?" I felt Ami gently rub my bicep to help calm me down from my mental spiral.

Surprisingly her touch was very gentle and soothing like my sister's yet very different. I like Amity's touch and holding her soft hands that remind me of Lottie who was guarding my hammock back in the house.

Sensing that I'd calmed down, Amity gave me a soft smile and reassures me that she would just ask me yes or no questions to get to know each other.

So for the next hour, Amity would ask me questions and when we walk by a magical goods stall she would describe in detail what they do and how it's used. I wasn't surprised that the majority of the stalls were more than happy to cater to us because of what I believe is Amity's status. I mean if you have the biggest fucking house in the medieval town you gotta be connected and load to the brim or at least that's what I've observed back at the galas and balls Lucia and I attended.