Epilogue: Bella

July 5, 2021 (Atlas is now 9 months old; Declan is 4)

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Declan, happy birthday to you!" We all sang at the top of our lungs as Declan clapped and grinned as he stood on a stool in front of a Superman cake that Bailey had made. As you've realized, today was Declan's fourth birthday and the little boy was loving the attention he was getting from the family.

"Blow it the candle bub,"I said as I rocked Atlas who was being fussy meaning he was tired. Declan gave us a toothy smile before leaning over and blowing as hard as his little lungs would allow and we cheered when they blew out. We clapped and Declan giggled.

Enzo was in charge of cutting the cake made for the guests up since the cake Declan had blown was just for show and because it was covered in a spit from him blowing the candles out. Since the wedding was just a week away, we had decided to throw Declan a mini celebration at the house we were renting for our stay. It was just Enzo's mom, Bailey and his step-dad and siblings along with my parents, brothers and their partners that were in attendance for this little party.

Seven days.

That's how long it was until I get to call Enzo my husband. It was crazy to think that my dream of being a wife and mother were coming true with the person I didn't even know existed a year ago. It's true that he they say life has a way of making things happen when you least expect them to happen. One year ago I would have never thought about loving anyone other than I had done with Dylan before he fucked up by cheating and for being an abusive asshole.

Yesterday was one year since my family and I had been invited to Enzo's Fourth of July bbq and that was also the day that I realized that I was falling for him. Now here we were happily in love and engaged. Life couldn't get better than it was.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I blinked and looked up and smiled up at my eldest brother who raised a brow.

"Just thinking how much my life has change since we moved here," I said and he nodded as we stood by the sliding glass doors of our rented house and liked towards the yard where our families were.

"I'm glad that you're getting your happy ever after, kid." Aaron said and I smiled, "I'm glad that you met him." He nodded towards Enzo who was tossing Declan in the air making him burst into a fit of giggles as he came back down before being tossed up again and I smiled, "you deserve this, all of the good things you have now." I swallowed the lump in my throat at his words, "if you're crying now I wonder if you'll have a full blown sob session when I give my wedding speech?" I sniffled with an eye roll as his teasing, "but really, you two are perfect for each other."

"When are you marrying Nikko?" I asked and he smiled at the mention of his fiancé and liked over to him.

"This winter," he answered and I smiled, "he wants a Christmas wedding."

"That's not a bad idea," I grinned making him chuckle.

"We would've been married by now if it weren't for us moving down here and work being hectic with the how many crime cases have been sent in. I know he's been working with a wedding planner so I know our wedding will be perfect."

"I'm just glad that you are finally going it after being engaged for four years." I said and he nodded.

"Me too, kiddo, me too."

We stood in comfortable silence after that as we watched our future husbands talking with Julia and Milo. My other two brothers pin joined us in observing our partners together.

"Mama!" Declan yelled as he ran towards me holding the baby monitor towards me and I could hear Atlas whining through the speaker. I had laid him down in the portable crib in the living room after he fell asleep during our singing to Declan. I smiled at said good boy and ran my fingers through his hair as I took the monitor from him.