23. Bella

January 7, 2021 (Atlas is 13 weeks and three days old)

Life was great.

I was engaged to the love of my life and I had two beautiful little boys that I love with my whole heart.

I never knew just how much my life was going to change when my family decided to up and move to New Orleans. I always thought that I would live in New York for the rest of ny life. Live the same routine life I had growing up but when my parents got new promotions at work. Meeting Bailey had been one of the greatest days in my life as she was first and only person to ever walk up to me, a complete stranger, and talk to me.

She's the best friend I never thought I'd ever have after what happened back in New York. I never expected to make any friends here but life has a way of making things happen for you when you least expect them too.

It's been a little over week since Enzo proposed and to say that I was happy would be an understatement of the century. I had always seen mauled settling down with Dylan and staring a family with him but after everything that happened, I was glad that he wasn't the one I was marrying.

I was happy again and it's all thanks to Enzo, who came into my life when I was at my lowest. Meeting him when Bailey picked me at my house to go to the mall was the best day of my life. Everyday since w meet he's shown me the real meaning of unconditional love, respect and loyalty something I never really experienced when I was with Dylan. He was abusive and a cheater. Nothing I ever did was good for him. If I took king to text him in the morning before class be wok send me text after text accusing me of cheating. He was controlling too. I always had to ask him for permission to go places with my family or what I could wear. It was cycle I wanted out but I was afraid of him.

And after catching him with my so called best friend, I ended things despite the fear I had for him. He always threatened in hurting my family if I ever broke up with him, but he never went through with his treats because deep down he was afraid of them. He knew what my brothers and father would do to him. He had already experienced it first hand when Aaron caught him hitting me.

"If I ever see you lay a hand on her again, I'll break your bones," Aaron had snarled at him as his grip on Dylan's hand tightened making him hiss in pain. I, on the ever terrified girlfriend, stepped in and got Aaron to let him go. Later the night Dylan had texted me about how useless I was that I didn't stop Aaron sooner and that it was my fault that he had a broken wrist.

But now looking back, everything that had ever happened to him, was his fault. He brought all of that on himself for being an abusive asshole.

Enzo on the other hand was completely different. Not once has he raised his voice or yelled. Yes, we've had our disagreements here and there but we always talked and came up with a solution that would be beneficial for the both of us. He cared for me. He always went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of. He loved me and he showed it every day when he comes home with a bouquet of flowers and a little note. He shows me everyday that I'm loved.

****

"Hi baby," Enzo smiled as he entered the house a few hours later and I smiled as I heard Blaze's nails against the wooden floor and heard Enzo walk onto the living room. He leaned down as I leaned up pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Hi baby, how was work?" I asked looking back down at Atlas who had fallen asleep on my chest. Declan was on the floor playing with this building blocks. He looked up when he heard Enzo's voice and dropped the block in his and and got up before walking over to the couch a bright smile on his little face.

"Good, everyone loved Blaze," he replied as he sat beside me on the sofa and leaning down to press a kiss to Atlas' temple. He got a job at at Aaron's law firm as a security guard. Today was his first day. Aaron had afforded him the job a few weeks ago when he heard that no place wanted to hire him due to his prosthetic leg.

"Dada!" He squealed clapping his hand and Enzo smiled as he picked him up and pressed a kiss to his temple.

"That's good babe," I said with a smile as I ran my finger along Atlas' temple after fixing my shirt since he was down feeding and was asleep.

"What time are we heading over to your parents?" He asked as he ran his fingers through Declan's hair making the little boy sigh as he laid his head on his chest eyes closed.

"We can head over once they're up for their naps." I replied with a chuckle as Declan's soft snores filled the room and Enzo nodded with a smile as he kissed his head.

"If these two are taking a nap, we're taking one too,"he said as he stood up with our eldest and I smiled before following his lead as I stood up and trailed after him to the nursery that both Declan and Atlas shared. After making sure that both of them were asleep and the baby monitor was on, Enzo and I walked to our room across the hall. Blaze was in his doggy bed in the corner and looked up when we entered.

"You didn't say hi to me when you came home," I chastised him and he got up from his bed and walked over before getting up on his hind legs and licking my cheek make me laugh as I scratched behind his ears, "okay I forgive you."

Enzo chuckled before grabbing a change of clothes and walked into the bathroom while I climbed into bed. The shower turned on a moment later and I could hear him humming a familiar tune form here and smiled.

Yes, my life may have been shit in the past but I can already tell that my future was looking bright and it was all thanks to that man showering and humming to Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley.