11. Bella

August 16, 2020 (26 weeks pregnant)

"You've got mail, Honey," mom said as she handed me an envelope making me frown as I set my spoon down .

"Me? Who's it from?" I asked hoping that it wasn't from Dylan—again. She didn't reply and I flipped the envelope over and there in neat cursive writing was the name of Enzo Matthews, with a return address. I bit my cheek in both surprise and confusion. Why did he write me a letter?

"Are you going to read it?" Mom asked as she leaned her hip against the island and I chewed my lip before nodding, "then I'll leave you to it. Don't forget you have an appointment at noon, today."

"I know, Aaron said he'll drive me." I replied and she nodded before leaning down and pressing a kiss to my temple. "Have a good day at work, mama."

"Let me know how everything goes with my grand baby." She said before scurrying out of the dinning room leaving me behind looking down at the envelope.

Taking a deep breath, I gently pried open the flap before pulling out the two pieces of folder paper.

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪.

I smiled when I noticed that the dear and Bella were the only words in cursive while the rest was in regular handwriting. Either way, he has beautiful handwriting.

I must confess I'm not very good with words so, I'm sorry if what I say is insane or stupid. But here it goes.

Life is so unpredictable. Changes are always coming, big or small. I ask myself what is really special about you?

It might be all the things I see on the surface, the things that everyone notices and admires about your qualities, talents, and wonderful smile so obviously connected to a warm and loving heart. These things set you apart from everyone else. And it might also be the little things--the way you walk, the way you talk, and every action. It gives me joy just to see a smile in your eyes. If I ever figure out the magic that makes you so special, I'd probably find out that it's a combination of all these things. You are a rare person. I find you really amazing!

I felt my eyes widen as my heart began to hammer in my chest at his words. Was he...did he have...my mind was a jumble. I couldn't think properly so instead refocused on reading the rest.

Inside me there is a place where my sweetest dreams reside, where my highest hopes are kept alive, where my deepest feelings are felt, and where my favorite memories are kept safe and warm. I find that you're on my mind more often than anything else. Sometimes I intentionally think of you just to make my day brighter. But more often, you surprise me and I find you in my thoughts. There are even times when I realize you've been a part of my dreams. Then during the day, when my imagination is free to run, it takes me into your arms and allows me to linger there, knowing there's nothing I'd rather do. I know my thoughts are reflecting the loving hopes of my heart because whenever they wander, they always take me to you.

Only special things can come inside my heart and stay. And now, I realize how deeply my life has been touched by you.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat as my bison began to blur. I never imagined that he of all people would ever feel that way about me. No one, not even that asshole of my ex, made my head beat erratically as he has.

I want to tell you that I need you here with me from now on. I live day to day thinking about you. I picture everything about you in my mind, as if you were really here beside me. When I fall asleep, I dream of you, and I can feel you near me.