12. Enzo

August 26, 2020

Ten days after I sent Bella a love confession letter, I was patrolling with my team when I felt my body who no thrown 12 feet into the air as they screamed my name while shots were fired. My ears rang as I felt a hot burning sensation on my side. My head throbbed as black dots danced behind my eyelids. I couldn't hear anything around me. All I could feel was my body being lifted up by my team as they rushed towards our car. I was in and out of consciousness as I blinked the blurriness.

"STA—" I looked at the person above me but I couldn't make out a word he was saying. Everything was distorted and I felt blood running down my side as whoever was with me put pressure on my wound.

I blinked and tried to make sense of what was happening but I couldn't figure what the fuck happened. Everything had been going perfectly fine until now.

"Sa—"I didn't hear the words yelled at me as I felt my body succumb to the darkness clouding my eyes.

******

The next time I woke up was to the sounds of a loud and constant beeping beside my head and I blinked my eyes open and saw that I was in a bed hooked to a machine making me frown. I looked around noticing that I wasn't in a room back at the barracks but inside of a plane. What the fuck? I heard the monitor begin to beep uncontrollably as fear engulfed me and the person next to me jumped at the sound and liked at me with wide eyes. I tried to the remove the mask but my arms felt like led and that only made me panic even more.

"Calm down, Matthews," the male said and I recognized him as Carson and frowned. What happened? Why was I in a plane? On a hospital bed? Hooked to machines? All these questions only made me panic more and Carson growled as he grabbed a syringe form his pocket and injected its contents into the IV drip. "You're going to be okay, Enzo, you just need to calm down." I blinked the drowsiness but whatever the asshole put into my drip made me tired and soon I was back under.

****

"How long until he wakes up?" I hear a voice somewhere in the distance asked as my tired mind began to awaken. I coke what that damn beeping noise again and made a nose that had the conversation halting. "Enzo? Sweetie? Can you hear me?" Through my foggy mind I heard my mothers voice and frowned as I willed my eyes to open. What the hell? Where was I? And why was she here? I blinked as I liked around the Roman in was in a saw that I was in a hospital room. The smell of the chemicals they used to clean burned my nose.

"Whe—" my throat hurt from lack of usage and winced. Mom quickly filled a cup of water from the table beside the bed as the doctor—I just noticed—stood at the door of the bed. Mom handed the cup and with her help, I downed the water relishing as how it soothes my throat.

"Good morning, Enzo, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked and I gave him a deadpanned look, "right, that was a stupid question to ask."

I laid back on the pillows and liked at the ceiling,what happened? And why am I here? Wherever here is."

Silence filled the room aside from the constant beeping of them monitor beside my head. I looked at them and raised a brow. "Well?"

"You're back home, honey," Mom finally replied making me frown. "You were in an accident overseas." I stared at her as her voice brownie and noticed her eyes were red and puffy with tear stained cheeks. Her hair was a mess and her clothes were wrinkled.

"What kind of accident?" I asked even though I had a guess since the last thing I remember was joking with the guys before I was flying through the air and then darkness. I swallowed the lump in my throat as she began to cry not being able to answer the question.