7. Bella

July 12, 2020 (21 weeks pregnant)

Today I was officially 21 weeks along which means I'm almost halfway done with my pregnancy. And it's also been a week since the eventful day at Bailey's house. I'm actually surprised that there are still closed minded people like those three older people at the get together. Despite my family and I wanting to leave to not cause any problems, Bailey's mother, Melanie,had actually stuck up for my family and instead kicked them out. We haven't even known Bailey and her family long enough for them to side with us.

"What has you thinking so much?" Milo asked as he sat beside me on the couch before placing his hand on my belly

"This," I said showing him the text—which I didn't know how he got my new number—from Dylan asking to work things out.

" 'I know you won't believe me, but I want to tell you anyway. No matter what I did and who I did it with, the love in my heart is still all for you. Even if I cheated, I want you to know that no one could ever hold my heart the way you do. I may have given someone else my time, my energy, and my affection, but not love. I know that it's hard to believe that someone who loves you could do that to you, but I have made a terrible mistake. I will regret what I did for the rest of my life. I'll bear the burden of earning just a bit of your trust once again. I love you, and I'm sorry for what I did. I love you, and no matter what I did, there's nothing in the world that can change that.' Is he for real?"

I shrugged and he shook his head before continuing to read the text.

"'I wish there was some way to turn back the hand of time to the moment when I had to choose between remaining faithful and betraying your trust. I could wish forever that I never did what I did, but I know it's impossible. I'm in absolute anguish about what I did, but I know that my pain is nowhere near the pain you're going through now. I'm sorry, my love, for doing this to you and to us. I was impulsive and stupid. I was selfish and inconsiderate of you. I just wanted a thrill that I know I would be paying for for the rest of my life, but what's worse is that I dragged you into this. I'm so sorry for doing this to you. Please let me make it up to you. Things may no longer be the same between us, but I'll do what I can to be a better partner for you. Just give me that chance to make it up to you, please.' I really hope you're not planning on giving him a second chance, Bells," Milo said and I rolled my eyes,  "you are thinking of giving him a second chance aren't you, that's why you were thinking so much?"

"No," I replied and he raised a brow, "I don't want anything to do with him. I'm trying to figure a way to tell him to fuck himself in the nicest of ways." He shook his head with a chuckle, "Besides I already, kind of like someone already."

He raised a brow before a knowing smirk took over his features making me look away, "Does this person happen to be your new best friend's older brother by any chance?" I felt my face instantly heat up at the mere thought of Enzo.

He burst into laughter just as my brother, Kaiden walked in, "What's going on in here?"

"Dylan and the fact he wants your sister to give him a second chance," Milo replied sobering up from his laughing fit, "And how she already l-ow what the hell Bella?" He whined rubbing the spot I had pinched when he was about to blubber out the fact I liked Enzo.

"Language, Milo," I reprimanded him as I placed my hands on my belly when I felt the baby move.

He rolled his eyes and looked at my brother who shook his head, "You better not give him a chance, Bella,"

"Not planning on it."

"Good, now, mom said you wanted to go to the mall to get a few items for the baby?" He said and I nodded, "Then come on."

******

"Bella?" I looked towards the sound of my name to see Enzo walking towards me with little Declan, "I thought I recognized you." He smiled and Declan beamed at seeing me.

"Hi little cutie," I smiled rubbing his chubby cheeks, making him grin.

"How are you?" Enzo asked and I smiled as I rubbed my belly, "And the baby?"

"We're both doing good, thank you, and you?" I asked just as Kaiden and Milo came out of the store and froze upon seeing Enzo and Declan.

"Oh, hello there," Milo greeted the pair with a smile that they matched, "Are you here shopping on your own?"

"Yup, both mom and Bailey went to the beach with some of her friends and they took Blaze with them."

"Blaze?" Kayden asked confused.

"My dog," Enzo replied before setting Declan down on the floor who instantly walked over to me and wrapped his little arms around my legs and looked up. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair making him smile.

"I see," my brother replied making me look at him, "Would you care to join us then? For lunch I mean." He asked making Enzo raise his brows while I blinked since Kayden wasn't the type to ask anyone to join us for anything when we're out together.

"I don't want to impose," Enzo replied but my brother and Milo shook their heads.

"We were about to head down to the food court to grab something to eat so why don't you join, right Bella?" Milo asked with a look that wasn't as innocent as he was trying to look making me roll my eyes.

You're lucky we have witnesses or else I would've killed you right now. I smiled at Enzo and nodded, "Yes, why don't you join us for lunch?"

He thought it over before nodding, "I suppose it is time for lunch."

"Great, now come along," Milo said before leading the way.

"Sorry if he was being forceful," I whispered to Enzo who shook his head as he held Declan's hand. I felt a little hand grip mine and looked down to see that Declan had grabbed mine and smiled before holding it which had him looking up with a beaming smile.

"No need to apologize," Enzo said, "I was actually heading that way when I saw you," I bit my cheek and looked away. "You look beautiful by the way."

I felt my face heat up at the compliment, "Thank you."