Chapter -seven-. (level 2)

Justin's POV 

     Tw for violence :p  (sorry this chapter is short Af-)

The silence from inside the building quickly faded to the sound of pipes and vents rattling, and the temperature increasing. The bandages on Casey's arms were already getting soaked with blood. That partygoer had done some shit. She looked exhausted, being extremely quiet and barely being able to keep her eyes open. And Dusky, something was up with him. Either he didn't like the temperature, or could sense something. 

I walked down the halls, the singeing hot feeling from the pipes was extremely uncomfortable, and my arms were cramping from carrying Casey. (who had passed out at this point, about 30 minutes into this level.) And tiny creatures ran across the floors, however no sign of any hostile entities however, but Dusky still seemed to be high on alert. 

Hell, I felt horrible. I didn't even know why. I don't know if it was my mom, seeing my (friend?) so weak and scared. Or both. Guilt was never something anyone had taught me to feel. They had told us that life was a constant war, no matter what. Be it mental, physical, emotional, etc. And that we would lose things, so we could never get attached to anything, or anyone. But fuck, I'd known this human for what, 5 days? And I was already having a twisting, turning feeling in my stomach to see her hurt, it was so awful. It stressed me, and confused me. 

I was lost in thought, simply walking forward with my head down, and thoughts in the clouds. I was completely oblivious to Dusky who was in front of me, buzzing his wings frantically,  antenna surveying the area. trying to get my attention. I then heard it. An increasingly close scratching noise, and an increase in temperature, I could clearly view jets of hot air exploding in the near distance, something had damaged the vents. 

"Dammit. I thought partygoers were bad. =('' I murmured,  frantically looking for any space to hide that wouldn't boil us alive, hot sweat dribbling out of my mask from both panic and the increasing heat, it was probably at least at 90 degrees. The scratching got closer, and I finally managed to find a crevice, it would be hot and cramped, but better than risking keeping going through the halls in hope to find any doors, or anything. 

Dusky flew into crevice first, hiding and the very back. I got in next, carefully sliding in, Casey had lost a lot of blood, and needed somewhere safe-ish to rest a bit, and this certainly wasn't going to cut it. I finally squeezed in, carefully laying her down and stretching my exhausted arms, then taking my hoodie down and my mask off for a brief moment, sweat dripping down. The air was hot, but it felt a bit better than the stuffy feeling of it on. 

That moment did not last long, as they scratches were getting closer, yet another entity to fight. Great. I strapped my mask back on, and pulled my hoodie up. I took the backpack off, and got my bat from inside, and watched the outside of the crevice. 

An entity was dragging it's claws against the walls, it had a shadowy color, and mangled limbs, and large sharp claws. I couldn't tell what it wanted, if it was hunting or something? Patrolling territory perhaps? I didn't know. But whatever if was doing, it was clearly looking for anything it could fight, and I was getting extremely hot in this crevice, this bitch was going to burn me out, and I had fallen into its trap. (I HAVE NO IDEA IF SCRATCHES DO THIS!!! IT IS A HEADCANNON !!!!) 

Shit. SHIT. I blinked miserably under my mask, it was standing in the area, not going any father than ten feet away. I glanced back at Casey, she was going to burn if we didn't leave soon, I had to go out. 

I groaned and picked up the bat, and lunged at the creature. It turned around rapidly, deflecting the attack with its claws, knocking me down and slashing at me, however I kicked it in the stomach to deflect it, it struck the wall, its ''flesh'' sizzling at it hit the pipes, it screamed horribly, the smell of burnt flesh was now combined with the heat, it was irritating, this temperature wouldn't be survivable much longer if we didn't get out soon. 

It stumbled from the pipes, it disfigured legs crackling as it lunged, I barely had time to react before it had pinned me to the ground, I could only barely hold it up with my bat, it screeched, claws ranking just bear inches above my mask, and I'm sure it hit me a few times. My vision was getting blurry, I felt uncomfortably wet and sticky from sweat, it was gravely interfering with my vision and ability to fight. 

I kept holding it up, barely, I almost wanted to give up there, I closed my eyes, I was going to over-heat, I couldn't do this. ''JUSTIN!'' I heard a frantic scream, and the sudden weight of the entity was thrown off. I opened my eyes. It was dead. Knife though the head. And Casey's trembling body peering through the crevice. 

I weakly got up, chest heaving, and stabbed the creature through it's chest to make sure it was dead, and tossing Casey her knife back. ''Woah. You're- you're awake again? =('' I said, not thinking clearly from the heat. ''Yup. My leg feels better, but my upper arms are practically useless, throwing that knife was painful.'' She replied, panting. 

I reached through the crevice and got the backpack, I wouldn't have to carry her, however she was still weak.  Dusky was using his antenna to sense for any disturbances, and quickly took flight, zooming down the hall. ''H-hey little guy! wait up!'' Casey called weakly, and within a moments notice, was back, he had found something. 

''M-maybe he found an exit or something? He's over-heating as well.'' Casey said exhaustedly. Whatever it was, we needed to go. ''I'll take the risks. Let's go. =('' I replied, and began walking down the way Dusky had gone down, he was right next to my feet, making sure I was going the right way.

He finally stopped at my feet, I looked up exhaustedly, an elevator? He seemed to trust it, and it was the first door I had seen from my entire time here, it had to have bean hours. ''The air around it seems cooler, I think its safer.'' Casey said. ''We are gonna die if we stay here, lets just go. =('' I groaned, and clicked one of the buttons, the door opened instantly, and we all stepped in. 

(1134 word count)