16 | A Fresh Start

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Sixteen
A FRESH START
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter SixteenA FRESH START └─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

Summer flew by. I spent everyday writing in my jounral to my friends who were together all summer. I had tried to convince my mother to let me spend a day with them but she had declined, instead she insisted that her and I go on a small vacation together. Just the two of us.

It wasn't bad, we had went to London and shopoed around in the stores. They were muggle stores so we had to use their money. I had brought my jounral with me and wrote to Sebastian, Anne, and Ominis.

All of them had written back rather quickly in the early half of the summer, but then towards the end they stopped. It was only Ominis responding.

I sit on my bed now still in my pajamas. I clutch a quill in my hand as I stare down at the words that I had scribbled on the paper last night.

Is something wrong?

I was beginning to get worried because I haven't heard from Sebastain or Anne in weeks. In the last few days even Ominis barely responds. Perhaps they just don't want to speak with me. My eyes stare down at the paper in the book hoping that more words will appear, that someone will answer me. But they don't.

I let out a sigh and close my notebook and stand up from the bed. I quickly get changed into white shirt that I tucked into my long green skirt. It was an outfit that my mother had gotten me when we went to London. I put on some boots and leave my hair down, I didn't feel like pulling it up.

I exit my bedroom and walk down the hall and see my brother sitting at the kitchen table looking shocked as if he just heard something he didn't want to hear. "What's wrong?" I ask him as I take a seat beside him.

His eyes look over at me and he gives me a look of pity. "They haven't told you?" he asks. I wasn't sure who he was asking about but I shake my head. I hadn't heard anything.

My mother steps into the room from outside and her eyes land on me. "Oh, Lila." she says and she makes her way over to me and brings me in for a hug, "I'm so sorry."

Her words make me nervous as I pull away from her and stare at her face, "What happened?" I ask, my voice shaking. I automatically am thinking the worst. Sebastian and Anne haven't responded to me in a month. Did something happen to them? And now Ominis isn't responding.

I feel myself start to panic as I think about the possiblity that something terrible has befallen upon my friends. "It's the Sallows." my mother says and instantly I feel like my entire world comes crushing down.

It's like a heavy weight falls ontop of me and I can't breath. I hear myself gasp for air as I look up at my mother. Tears start to prick at my eyes and my hand clutches at my chest, trying to get some ait into my lungs.