3 | Strange Messages

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Three
STRANGE MESSAGES
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter ThreeSTRANGE MESSAGES └─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

The school returned to session and the once-empty halls were filled with students again. I had written to my mother a few times over the break. I told her that I was making friends and that I was having fun exploring the castle, I just failed to mention that I was exploring the castle at night.

By the time it was mid-April, the quidditch match between Slytherin and Ravenclaw was being held. It was the last game of the year. I am not really big into the game but since it is my house playing, Sebastian and Anne convinced me and Ominis to come and support them.

Since we are first years we can't try out but the twins told us that they would be next year. They tried to get me to but I refused. It will just be me and Ominis on the stands next year if they make the team.

"Come on," Anne says dragging me out of the dormitory and into the common room where the boy waited for us.

"Do I have to?" I complained.

Hearing my complaint Sebastian let out a chuckle. "Yes, if I have to then so do you," Ominis says.

It was only midday, dinner was scheduled to be served after the match because the players were always starving afterward. But I was ready for it to already be over with because I had skipped lunch today to study for charms. I hadn't done it intentionally, I just lost track of time in the library.

We arrived at the field early but the bleachers were nearly all full. I adjusted my quidditch support sweater that Anne had asked my brother if I could wear since it was his old one. Not that I needed a sweater since it was spring but Anne forced me to wear it. The material covered my body warmly, which I hated because I was already sweating. It also gave off a supporting look for my house.

We sat uncomfortably through the bleachers, but it was worth the view. The final game was way more different than the others. It almost seemed like everyone was trying to make the most of one last game before the end of the year.

"I don't like the looks of this," Anne said in worry, watching the scoreboard.

I watched as the seeker from our house flew rapidly through the field, his arms elbowing the Ravenclaw boy and almost dropping them in a deadly manner toward the grass. I was impressed by his skill, but I didn't know a whole lot about the game.

I see the Ravenclaw seeker fly past the Slytherin one as she got closer to the golden snitch. Seeing this, the Slytherin seeker picked up his pace and flew past her extending his hand out. His fingers just grasped the snitch when the Ravenclaw girl bumped into him. But he already had the golden snitch in his hand.