8 | Serects

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Eight
SECRETS
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter EightSECRETS└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ──────

The winter break came and went, nothing exciting happened over the break. I did write to my friends everyday, and checking in on Ominis as he was with his family. When we got back to school he informed the three of us that he wouldn't be returning home this summer.

"Where will you go?" I ask. I would tell him that he could stay with me but then I think back to a conversation that I had with my mother over the break. She had asked me who my friends were, and I told her one of them was a Gaunt and she acted how Finn did. She told me to stop talking to him, that he is nothing but trouble. "I would say you can stay with me, but my family hates you." I tell him when he doesn't answer my question, confirming that he doesn't have a place to stay.

I glance up at Sebastian and Anne and I see her in deep thought, "I have to go talk to someone." she says and then walks away before any of us can question her.

I look to Sebastian for a explanation, but he shrugs his shoulders, "We may be twins, but she is hard to read sometimes." he says and then turns to Ominis, "Anne is coming up with a plan. I've seen that look on her before. I just don't know what she's planning."

"It's fine, Sebastian. We still got two months before we have to worry about the summer." Ominis says trying his best to hide his fear that he will have no choice but to return home. Sebastian and I share a look, we wouldn't let that happen even if I had to sneak him into my house. Anything was better than sending him back to his parents that make him torture people.

After my last class that day, Transfiguration, I head to my dorm and see a letter laying on my bed. I was confused as to how it got there but I pick it up and see the Malfoy family seal on the letter. My grandmother.

I take in a deep breath and break open the seal, pulling out the letter.

Lila,

I didn't hear back from you in my last letter. I hope you aren't angry at me. I would like to meet with you soon if that is alright with you.

I have something that I think you might find useful. And I just want to see my granddaughter. Please write me back with a time and place to meet.

- Azalea Malfoy

I didn't know why my grandmother was writing to me now, when she didn't want anything to do with me in the past years. But still I felt myself wanting to write back to her, wanting to have a relationship with a grandparent. Also a part of me was curious as to what she might have that I would find useful.

I let out a sigh and sit on my bed, pulling out parchment from my bag and a quill. I write to her, telling her that I am not allowed in Hogmeade but I tell her that we can meet by the black lake. I told her my schedule, how I had free time after three on fridays.