7 | The Forbidden Forest

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Seven
THE FORBIDDEN FOREST
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter SevenTHE FORBIDDEN FOREST └─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

Towards the start of the holidays, I start to feel myself stop worrying about the letters. In fact, they haven't even crossed my mind in weeks. I still find myself spending my free time in the room of requirement reading up on all that I can.

I was going home this year for the holidays, my mother said that I had to. That means I will have to leave Sebastian and Anne here at the castle since they are staying. Ominis had received a letter from his mother informing him that he was needed at home and his brother was to make sure he got there.

But we still had a day before we leave. We still had one more adventure before the two of us headed home.

As usual, I woke up early, but this time it was really early. The sun hasn't even risen yet. I walk down into the common room not bothering to change out of my pajamas. To my surprise, my blonde-haired friend wasn't down there.

Maybe he is finally getting sleep.

The entire time we've been back at Hogwarts, I've noticed that Ominis doesn't sleep much. That he's been more quiet than usual and tends to want to be left alone most of the time.

I sit down there in the dark for a long time staring into nothing, not really thinking about anything. Just as I see the first signs of light shine through the underwater window I hear footsteps from the dormitories. I don't turn to see who it is though.

"It seems one of us is always down here." I hear Ominis say as he takes a seat beside me on the couch.

I wasn't even sure how he knew it was me that was sitting there or how he knew I was here at all. I was quiet, I haven't spoken anything. "Yeah, I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep," I say.

"Another nightmare?" He asks.

I shake my head, "No, just couldn't sleep." I say and then I turn to look at him, "Did you have a nightmare?" I wanted to know if he was okay.

He stays silent for a while, and then he takes in a deep breath. "I have for months now."

"What my haven't you talked to any of us about it?" I ask.

"I didn't want to be a burden." He whispers.

"You know we care about you," I say and then I find myself wanting to know what's been bothering him so much to have repeating nightmares. "Do your nightmares have something to do with your parents?" I ask softly.

He hesitates before slowly nodding his head. "They wanted me to use the torture curse on a muggle that my father had caught." He says and then takes in another breath. "I refused and as a punishment my mother made my brother use the curse on me. And then she asked me to use the curse again and I did." He says and through the dark, I can see tears fall down his face.