XXXVIII. Date Night.

Evan

It's date night! We came home last week, so that makes it almost the end of July. Our wedding is set to be on the fifteenth of August. But tonight, July twenty-fifth, it's date night.

Apollo is getting ready at her parents house while I get ready at my parents house. I'm gonna leave the kids with them and then Apollo and I will go home. We're gonna make the most of the next week or so because we will be separated for a little bit before the wedding. Only twenty-one days until the wedding, three weeks. That's crazy.

After tonight, we plan on taking the kids out individually over the next week. We're really focused on family time.

"Wow, Mom! You look so beautiful!" Grace tells me as I walk into the living room. "Mama is so lucky."

"You're damn right, she is." Alice tells her.

"Language, and thank you Grace. Where's Ava?"

"She's with Ash, they're playing video games in her room."

"Okay. Mama is going to be here any minute," I announce, checking my watch, "Remember, bed by eight. Listen to your Aunties and look after your sister for me. Okay?" I tell Grace.

"Okay, Mom."

Grace has always been the more sensible one, between the two. She reminds me of Apollo, even though they're aren't biologically related.

"Thank you, sweetheart."

"Mom? Can you take photos so we can see?"

"Of course, kiddo." a voice says from the living room door.

"Mama!"

I turn around and see Apollo, in the most stunning suit I have ever seen, leaning against the door frame. She's got a black shirt, shoes and tie, her pants and her blazer are navy blue and I've only now just realised how much blue complements her.

"You look so handsome!" Grace says.

"Thank you. I was actually trying impress you and not your Mom. I think it worked."

"Yeah, you both look amazing."

I watch Apollo's eyes travel up and down my body, the adoration in her eyes makes me smile and do the same.

Apollo pushes herself off of the frame and we meet each other in the middle of the living room. Her hands find my waist and mine rest on her shoulders.

"You look gorgeous." she said, leaning in to kiss my neck, up to my jaw, across to my chin and finally my lips.

"You look stunningly sexy." I mumble into her lips.

"Okay, you two. I think that's enough complementing for one night. You should get going." Alice interrupts us. She makes a valid point, we should get going.

"Let's go," I say, taking Apollo's hand, "Bye, Grace. I love you."

"I love you, too! Bye Mama, I love you!"

"I love you, too, Grace."

In the car, Apollo holds my knee as she drives, it's making the butterflies in my stomach go wild. Especially when her hand would go a little bit higher every few minutes just to go back down again.

As we drive though, we see that traffic starts to slow down. We're going about ten miles an hour now. I can see the disappointment on Apollo's face.

"It looks like we're gonna miss our reservation." Apollo grumbles.

"I don't care if we do or we don't. As long as we can spend this time together, in the car, across a table or even at McDonald's. What matters is that we can take the time to remind each other why we love the other and why we are getting married in three weeks time."