𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚖𝚙

BREE'S DIARY ENTRY #1 (5/30/19):
———————————————————-

Hello future Bree, or someone else who's rudely reading my diary without my permission.. I figured I'd start a diary, just for memories sake. It's also just a way for me to rant about things.

Well, it's been two years.. two years since we all hightailed it out of Richmond, two years since Clementine reunited with AJ.. I can't believe it's been that long. The group's still living in the truck, we've started pitching up some tents every so often so we can have some time out of the truck, so we all don't go insane... that's what we're doing right now as I'm writing this.

Cody's 12 now, i can't believe it. It feels like yesterday he was just little baby. He's still such a goof, him and Javi are currently pretending that they're knights fighting each other with swords. These 'swords' in particular happen to be extremely tiny sticks, so it's very funny looking watching them play fight with them.

Speaking of Javi, i can say with 0% doubt that I have never been more in love in my whole life. That sounds cringe, i know, but it's the truth. Past Bree would be vomiting. He's just so caring, and sweet, and funny, and respectful, and so much more. He's also EXTREMELY attractive so there's that. he's a literal art piece, i wish i could've met his parents so i could've thanked them for making such a good-lookin' kid. He's very amazing. I can tell he genuinely loves me. i really really love him. I'm lucky to have him.

Everyone's doing well, we're all a family at this point. Eleanor and Tripp are still going strong, they're currently out "scavenging" for supplies but I guarantee that ain't all they're doing based off how they've been acting, if ya know what I mean *wink wink*... David and Victoria ain't a think yet unfortunately, but the love is clearly there if they weren't so dang stubborn. Gabe and Clementine are very good... friends??? I guess???... AJ is slowly learning to talk some more, he's been a great addition to our group, I'm glad Clem reunited with him, i can tell how much more happier she is now.

I've really been missing mom and dad lately, Cody has been too. He asked about them the other day, he say's he's starting to forget their voices and what they looked like, and even some of how they were as people and his memories with them. They deserved to watch him grow for longer than 4 years, but that stupid drunk driver just had to take them away from us, it's so unfair.. i know they're watching over me, but i just wish i could have at least 5 more minutes with them, just to tell them how much i love them, like I should have before they passed but i was just "too busy", I hate myself for that. I just hope they know how much i love them.

Well, that's my life right now. Hope i remember to keep up with this.

——————————————————————————

Bree closed up her diary and set it down in front of her. She was facing the back of her and Javi's shared tent, sitting cross cross applesauce like she used to do when she would do story time with her elementary students, before all hell broke loose. She let out a relieved sigh, having a diary to write in feels quite nice. Suddenly, she felt two arms wrap around her waist. She jumped in surprise and looked down at the arms, seeing two blue sleeves and immediately relaxing.

"Whatcha' doinggg?" Javi hummed from behind her, lovingly kissing her shoulder a few times.
"Eh nothing much, just relaxing i reckon.. i thought you were playing knight with Cody?" Bree smiled and leaned back onto Javi.
"We was.. but he got bored and went to play euchre with Gabe, Clem, and Mari." Javi chuckled as he set his chin on Bree's shoulder.
"Not surprised." Bree giggled and shook her head.

Javi looked down towards Bree's legs, spotting her diary. He tilted his head and squinted, sort of like a confused puppy.

"What's that? You like reading all of a sudden or something?" Javi raised his eyebrows.
"Nah, it's a diary." Bree scoffed.