𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

Javi pulled the truck into Richmond and parked a few blocks away from the square to wait for the sunrise. Once the sun rose, their plan would be executed.

"The squares a couple of blocks away, this is a good place to wait." Javi said as he looked over at Bree, who was sitting in the passenger seat.
"Do we have enough gas?" Bree asked.
"Well I'm not gonna turn the engine off again." Javi huffed.
"Well what now?" Bree squinted.
"We wait for Ava to call us on the walkie." Javi shrugged.
"So... nothing for us to do but sit and watch the sun come up?" Bree giggled.
"Pretty much." Javi chuckled.

Gabe pulled some cards out of his pocket.

"Well i know we've got something important to do! I'm teaching y'all how to play euchre." Gabe insisted.
"That's not a real thing." Clementine giggled.
"What is it?" Cody raised an eyebrow.
"It's a card game. it's really fun." Gabe shrugged.
"Ok, fine. I'm in." Clementine smiled.
"Me too" Cody and Mari said in sync.

Bree and Javi both looked back at the group of kids, smiling brightly with joy.

"This... is really nice." Bree smiles.
"Yeah, it is." Javi smiled too.

Bree watched as Gabe started started handing cards out. She noticed how happy Cody was and smiled more than she already was, somehow.

"I'm glad Cody has them.. he struggled to make friends in the past... I'm just glad he finally has friends that love him just as much as he loves them." Bree sighed happily.
"Me too. I can tell Gabe, Mari and Clementine all love his company, and just love him in general, he's a good kid. I'm glad Mari and Gabe have him too." Javi smiled.

Bree nodded with a smile and put her attention back on Javi.

"You want me to be honest." Bree squinted.
"Sure" Javi nodded.
"I think Cody and Mariana have a crush on each other. I know they're too young obviously, but i think when they get older, i can see something blooming between them." Bree whispered so Cody and Mari couldn't hear her.
"I've thought the same exact thing." Javi chuckled, nodding vigorously.

Bree laughed softly.

"Hah! Gotcha!" Gabe smirked at Clementine, causing Bree to look back at them.
"Oh, Come on! That's not even a good rule.." Clementine squinted, smiling.
"Still gotcha." Gabe sassily said.

This caused Bree to smirk at Javi.

"Guess he stopped playing it cool with her" Bree raised her eyebrows, smirking.
"Hm?" Javi squinted.
"Uh, in case you haven't noticed?? Gabe's got a lil' crush on Clementine" Bree giggled.

Javi and Bree were lowkey gossiping in the front seat, but the kids were too focused on their game to notice.

"It's honestly kind of amazing, isn't it? That in the middle of all of this, they find time to flirt with each other." Javi smiled, shrugging his shoulders a little.
"Guess it just goes to show, you stick two people together.. somethings going to happen between them. I'm just glad it's the good kind of something this time around." Bree smiled back.

Bree leaned her head back on the seat and looked at the sun.

"It's so... normal. Ya know? Like as hectic as things get, as terrible, and tragic, and just plain stupid.. there's nothing as wonderfully ordinary as two kids falling for each other. Not that they're there yet, but to feel something so intensely for another person, kind of like the best drug there is." Bree ranted.
"Well yeah.. One of the best drugs." Javi smirked.
"You stoner." Bree joked, giggling.

Javi laughed at what she called him. He leaned his head back on the seat and sighed out happily. He was content. He was happy. Bree was too. Everyone in the truck was.