Double Trouble

Lloyd sits in the middle of the dojo, a lightbulb in hand. Jay has been trying to teach Lloyd how to harness and control electricity. 

It's honestly pretty ingenious, the exact amount of power has to be used for it to work. Too little and nothing will happen, too much and it will shatter. Just like the dozens of previous attempts that lay shattered on the floor.

With an expression more frustrated than anything, Lloyd tries to get the bulb to light. 

"Focus, Lloyd," Jay says to the boy, who returns with a smile. "Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up, harness it."

"I understand," Lloyd says, focusing back on the light bulb, "I am in control."

"Come on, Lloyd. You can do it," Jay encourages as the bulb begins to flicker.

The bulb grows brighter, but suddenly shatters in a mini shockwave. "Aah! Stupid light bulb!" Lloyd complains turning to us, "You're putting too much pressure on me. Let me have one more try." I go to grab another bulb out of the box, only to realize it's empty. 

"Ugh, sorry, Lloyd. That was the last light bulb," Kai says, gesturing to all the glass on the dojo's floor.

With an encouraging smile, Cole hands the young boy a broom, "Clean up, Lloyd. We'll continue training tomorrow."

Snatching the broom, Lloyd instead starts to attack a nearby punching bag. Jay lets out a sigh, watching him like the rest of us. "What am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu?" Jay asks, defeated, "I can't seem to teach him to control his power."

Whacking the punching bag, the broom bounces on and hits Lloyd in the head. "You dare to defy the Green Ninja?" Lloyd all but shouts, continuing his assault on the punching bag.

"Patience, Jay. Sometimes, the greatest opponent we face is ourselves," Sensei says, placing a hand on the Blue Ninja, "and that's especially true of Lloyd. Remember where he came from. He's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light."

I don't know why, but the way he talked as if Lloyd hadn't proved himself time and time again that he was good irked me. Stepping over to them, I place my own hand on Jay's shoulder.

"Lloyd has great potential, even though he is struggling he is making great progress. Give him time," I playfully bumped him with my hip, "Remember how long it took you to not hurt yourself with nunchucks?" Jay lets of chuckle at the memory, sending me a grateful smile.

The front door opens, and Nya enters to dojo. Her short hair is neatly combed and the red and gold sequins on her dress shine as they catch the light. The very same dress from her date with the Blue Ninja not too long ago. 

"Hey, guys," the younger girl says, earning a hello from the rest of us. I cast a knowing glance in her direction. Catching my gaze, she looks away, slightly flustered. "Hey, Jay," Nya adds, walking over to him. Her hands fiddle nervously behind her back, a light pink dusting her face. "Uh, wanna come by the autobody shop later?"

"Uh, the autobody shop?"

"Yeah. I got a part-time job. Though I could fix up the UltraSonic Radar in my off time," she quickly explains, "Maybe if you come over, I can show you what I've been working on."

"Uh, sure," he chuckles, blush rising to his face. Nervously, he looks away and spots an envelope in her hands, "Uh, what you got there?"

"Oh, um," she stumbles, having forgotten about the paper, "this letter came for Lloyd."

Handing it to Sensei, the old man reads the address, "Hmm. It's from Lloyd's old school."

"The Darkley School for Bad Boys?" Cole asks, his interest piqued. He and the other's break away from their own conversation and walk over to us.