Once Bitten, Twice Shy

In the bridge, the early morning sun shines through the large circular window on the far wall. In the center of the room, a white cloth covers something on the table.

Nya has been excited all morning, but she refuses to tell me what it is until the others show up. "Hey, what's wrong?" Nya suddenly asks, breaking her focus from the giant computer screen.

I look to the younger girl, caught off guard by the sudden question, "Nothing's wrong," I respond, but even I don't believe it. One look from her and it's clear she doesn't believe it either. "I'm that easy to read," I huff out, attempting a small smile.

"A little," Nya jokes, wrapping an arm over my shoulders, "But don't worry, the others are all idiots," she says in a hushed voice. I laugh at that. 

After a moment, I take a breath and decide to tell her about my vision from last night. How Pythor figured out the map he stole from Lloyd also shows the locations of the Fangblades. 

Surprisingly, Nya took everything really well. 

Just as I was about to tell her about the other half of my vision, the door opens. Cole walks into the bridge, completely oblivious to our conversation, Zane hot on his heels. 

Nya unwraps her arm from around me and gestures for the two to take a seat on the other side of the table. By the time the two of them are settled in in their seats, the remaining two ninjas finally join us.

Jay practically struts in with his hair styled in a fancy updo. Kai lags just behind him, trying his best to hide his mischievous smirk.

Once they take their seats, Nya signals for me to begin.

"Now that we're all here," I say, addressing the table, my tone serious, "I had another vision last night and," I take a breath, glancing at Nya who gives me a look of encouragement, "Pythor has a map to the Fangblades." 

The boys immediately jump up in alarm, practically bolting out of their chairs. Their bodies tense and ready for a fight.

"All the more reasons to learn more about them," Nya says, giving a knowing smirk that shows off her dimples.

Sharing a nod, I pull back the white sheet on the table, and reveal a Serpentine skeleton with two very large fangs. 

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangprye a few miles away," I explain.

"It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old," Nya adds, proceeding to explain more about the skeleton.

I was probably the only one paying attention to her lecture, aside from Zane who has been taking very detailed notes. 

Meanwhile, Kai leans back in his chair bored, his feet practically sprawled out on the table. Cole, instead of using his paper to take notes, he's instead sketching a, very impressive, drawing of himself fighting.

 Jay, on the other hand, has not taken his eyes off of Nya, although I doubt he's listening to her talk about the skeleton. His head is resting against his hand, a lovesick smile painted across his face.

"Although the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian. I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom," Nya explains, either obvious or ignoring the fact that some of us aren't listening, "If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects."

Her face suddenly flushes bright pink, "Resulting in... diminished, uh," she stops and looks at us with a somewhat annoyed expression, "excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume."