All of Nothing

With Lloyd safely with us on the Bounty again, all our efforts have been on finding the one remaining Fangblade. 

In the darkest part of Ninjago City, a lone Venomari was spotted. I watch from atop a building as the snake sprints down the abandoned streets.

The number of Serpentine sightings has been next to nothing, so we can't afford to mess this up. The five of us have all split up, ready to corner the snake when the moment's right.

I watch as the green snake rounds the corner before sending Zane his signal to move.

Emerging from the fog, the White Ninja freezes the ground around him. Unable to stop the Venomari goes sliding across the ice, crashing into the base of a lamp post. 

Lightning swarms around the top of the post and Jav reveals himself. Before the snake has time to register the second ninja, Jay shoots a bolt of lightning at him. 

The Venomari scrambles to his feet and sprints down a nearby alleyway. Little does he know that Kai is hidden in its shadows, waiting for him to enter.

A warm fire lights up the alley, the golden sword ablaze. The light illuminates Kai standing in the center with his sword raised.

The Venomari quickly stops in his tracks at the sudden light. Turning on his heels, he bolts back the way he came only to slam into Cole.

"Going somewhere?" he asks cockily as the snake lays on the ground. I scale down the fire escape alongside the building and join the two in the alley as Jay and Zane join from the street.

The four boys each brandish their Golden Weapon at the snake's throat. Making the green snake look between the four weapons hesitantly as he shakes in fear.

"Thought you could joyride through town and not be noticed, eh?" Jay asks menacingly, "Where's the last Fangblade?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," the Venomari says matter-of-factly. We just stare at him; the Serpentine must think we're massive idiots if they think we'd fall for that.

"You know what it is," Kai glares, his tone a fix of frustration and sarcasm, "The fourth Fangblade. When Pythor finds them all, he plans to unleash the Great Devourer."

"Oh, that Fangblade," the Serpentine rolls his eyes, "Haha, you're too late. Pythor's already there now." We waver slightly at his words, casting each other nervous looks, but the snake continues, "He's probably already digging it up. If I were you, I'd start preparing for the worst, because when the Great Devourer is awakened, there will be nothing it won't consume!"

"Won't that mean it'll consume you too?" Zane points out.

The Venomari is quiet for a moment, before his eyes go wide as realization sets in, "Please, you have to stop him! That snake is crazy! I don't wanna unleash the Great Devourer. I'm a snake, not food!"

"Is it really too late to stop Pythor from getting the last Fangblade?" Kai asks again.

"You're days behind him," he explains, giving us a pleading look, "There's gotta be something else you can do!"

After learning the precise location from the snake, we leave the alley and return home. We told the others and Nya set to work on the computer right away. 

While she furiously types away on the computer, we stand a few feet behind her, Father and Lloyd beside us while Garmadon lurks in the shadows.

"The Venomari's right," Nya tells us, looking at a digital map of Ninjago, "By the time we cast sail clear across the other side of Ninjago, Pythor will have already beat us to the last Fangblade."