Tick Tock

The Bounty gently rocks gently back and forth with the calm waves. While flying around Ninjago is very useful, with no direction it's a massive waste of fuel. So, we've landed the ship in the Endless Sea, just off the coast.

It's actually quite beautiful. The crystal blue water stretches out as far as the eye can see. The waves are small, causing the ship to almost rock. The tranquil atmosphere is nearly the opposite of what's going on inside me.

It's been a few days since Lloyd's been captured. We can't go back to Ouroboros, despite my insistence, but the others are right. We barely escaped last time and that's with the Samurai's help. 

But Pythor will have to leave the city to find the Fangblades, and knowing him, he wouldn't leave Lloyd unsupervised. So, our only hope now is to find the blades before the snake can get them.

Now comes the hard part: trying to figure out the location of the damn blades. 

Nya has been constantly searching through the computers while I've been rereading every scroll mentioning the Serpentine. The only records we have are Captain Soto's journal and the cave drawings Cole and Zane found in the Constrictai tomb.

Speaking of Soto's journal, I'm currently rereading it while sitting on the deck. Even though I've read his pages on the Serpentine, I've started to read over the rest of his adventures. It's one of the few things that helps take my mind off of Lloyd.

Captain Soto kept an amazingly detailed account of all his adventures. Towards the end of the book, he seemed determined to find something he referred to as the Dark Island.

Despite all his writings and research about it, there has been no record of there ever being such a place. In the end, I don't think he ever found the island since the log just suddenly ends.

Right now, I'm reading about his rivalry with the Sky Pirate, who were led by a djinn. Soto trapped him in the Teapot of Tyrahn while his crew was marooned across the realms.

"Ten minutes!" Kai suddenly yells, pulling me from my books. 

While we've been researching the location of the Fangblades, we've also been training. Losing Lloyd, getting captured, and being rescued by the Samurai bruised their egos a bit. 

Zane has been practicing his self-control and his body's limits. He does this by sitting under water. As crazy as that sounds he's actually really good at it. Aside from him doing it when Sensei first found him, he'd also practiced while at the monastery. 

During that time, I think it was Jay's idea to use a stopwatch and keep a record. Since then, Zane's has steadily managed to increase his record. The last time we did it was around the time when Kai joined the team. Back them I think the record was just over four minutes.

Closing the old journal, I join the others, who are all practically hanging over the railing to try and spot Zane. Stopping next to Kai, I spot him glance at me before his face flushes pink.  I cock my eyebrow at him, silently questioning what's wrong. 

Instead of answering, Kai quickly turns away and focuses back on the stopwatch in his hand, "He just broke his own record," he gasps, looking at the ever-increasing numbers, then back at the water, "The guy's inhuman!" 

As if on cue, Zane breaks the water's surface. Wiping the water from his face, he stares up at us all cheering for him.

"Amazing!" Cole cheers.

"We're not worthy," Jay adds, bowing down dramatically.

"You did it!" I shout.

"I broke the record?" Zane asks, a cocky grin growing on his face. Swimming over to the Bounty, Cole and I reach down and grab onto him. Together we manage to pull the drenched ninja back on board.