Home

After yesterday's events, we have all taken training a lot more seriously. With the new threat of the Serpentine, who only knows what chaos a child leading them will cause?

Taking a quick glance around the courtyard, I spot Cole attacking some dummies, Jay deflecting arrows with his nunchucks, and Zane meditating near the center. 

Looking straight ahead, Kai stands in front of me. We bow in unison before drawing out our swords, his gold my silver.

I move first, closing the space between us in an instant and striking my sword down. Kai manages to raise his sword to catch mine. Pushing me back, he then does Spinjitzu, the red tornado getting out of my range.

I do Spinjitzu, following after him. A red and a purple tornado start to battle against each other but are too evenly matched.

When we stop, the remains of our Spinjitzu disappear in the air. Not wasting any time, we go back to attacking. 

It's almost like a dance, each of us taking turns to attack or defend. The sound of swords clashing against each other acting as our music. The sounds of the others training starts to fade into the background the more we spar.

At the same time, we both go to strike, our swords pushing against the other's. We're at a standstill, trying to force the other to give way.

Not budging, Kai turns his wrist, which causes his blade to spin. With the lack of force, I stumble slightly. Before I can right myself, his blade clashes into mine, knocking it from my hand and sending it flying a few feet away.

The Red Ninja flashes me his signature cocky smirk, looking very proud of himself. Before his ego can get too big, I flip backwards, knocking the golden blade from his own hand and sending it flying.

His smile drops, but only slightly, looking more impressed than anything. Now without any weapons, we attach each other with hand-to-hand combat.

This is far more fun than sparing with our weapons. Kai attempts to throw a punch my way, but I manage to step out of his line of fire. Catching him off guard, I go to counter with my own attack before crashing ono the ground.

What sounds like the others falling too rings through the air before being replaced with groans. I close my eyes as the force of hitting the usual stone ground feels slick and cold through my gi. Wincing slightly, as a pain shoots across my back, followed by an icy chill.

I go to sit up, but something is keeping me down. Slowly opening my eyes, I'm met with amber ones. Kai is on top of me, our faces barely a hair apart. His arms are on either side of my head, keeping him up.

Neither of us move, instead we just at each other. At this distance, I can see the delicate golden specks in his amber eyes and the faint freckles that dance across his face.

Suddenly, it hits me just how close we are, and it seems to hit him at the same time.

Flushing bright red, Kai hurriedly scrambles to his feet, "A-are you okay?" he asks, trying to hide his bright face with one of his hands while offering me his other.

I don't trust my voice, judging by the heat in my face, I probably match his gi too. Instead, I just give him a faint nod and accept his hand.

Carefully standing, I realize that the entire ground and most of the training course, is covered in thick layers of ice. Cole and Jay are also trying to keep their balance on the new ground, while Zane seems completely unaware.

Careful to keep our balance, Kai and I slowly side across the courtyard. Soon enough, we reach Jay and Cole near the monastery doors, where the ice thankfully ends.