blue ocean-renjun (nct)

the bright blue water brushed upon the shore, sunlight hitting m/n's clothed skin. he lightly sighed, his book resting on his lap.

"it's my pretty boy!" renjun giggled, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck. "hi baby." m/n said, marking his page, closing his book.

"eugh, disgusting." donghyuck said, pushing past the loving couple. "m/n! it's your favorite person." m/n grunted, donghyuck laying on m/n's body, giving him a full body hug.

"i can't breathe hyuck." m/n gasped, lightly tapping his sides. "awww, i love you." donghyuck giggled, gripping onto m/n's shirt, clasping onto him like a baby bear. "get off him hyuck." jeno said, picking his limbs off the suffocating boy. "you're no fun jeno." "thanks hyuck." donghyuck fell into the sand, the group laughing.

"nice to see you." jaemin waved, mark giving m/n a hug. "hi m/n!" chenle laughed, quickly giving m/n another hug. jisung waved, giving m/n a small smile.

"are you going to swim?" renjun asked, sitting on m/n's beach chair, watching his friends get ready to go into the water. "i don't think i will." m/n said, a nervous smile on his face. renjun smiled, holding m/n's hand. "thats ok." he whispered, giving him a little peck on the lips.

"ugh i'm going to vomit." donghyuck gagged, disgusted at the two kissing. "donghyuck don't mind the happy couple." mark said, laying down in the chair next to m/n, putting his hat over his eyes. "come on hyuck, let's swim." jeno said, picking the boy up over his shoulders, jaemin holding his legs and dropping him the water.

"help me!" donghyuck screeched, splashing around. "m/n help me!" "no, i'm just going to let you swim." m/n laughed, waving the boy. "jisung don't you dare-" chenle screamed, another splash in the water. the group laughed, 5 out of the 8 playing in the cool, blue ocean.

"go swim baby." m/n said, lightly kissing renjun's lips. "no, i want to stay with you." "baby it's ok." renjun smiled again, laying down next to his boyfriend. "i will, just let me lay with you for a second cutie." m/n sighed, renjun's arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"ok, i'll go in the water now. tell me if you want me to come back." renjun said, kissing m/n's lips. "okay baby." m/n smiled, renjun walking into the water, joining his friends.

m/n was left alone, reading his book while mark took a nap. his skin was getting hit by the sun, lightly sighing as he turned another page. he moved a towel over his stomach, his shirt ridding up, little pink marks being exposed.

he rolled around, putting his bookmark between the pages, shutting his eyes. the waves were a nice background audio, lightly lulling him to sleep, his friends laughter fading into the background.

***

"good morning cutie." renjun said, a piece of watermelon in his hand. m/n rubbed his eyes, the sun burning his eyes. "how long was i asleep?" he groaned, sitting up. "like 30 minutes. we came back to get a snack." m/n clasped onto renjun's arms, mumbling into his chest. "do you want a snack love?" renjun asked, lightly brushing m/n's hair out of his face. "yeah."

renjun leaned over, grabbing a piece of watermelon from the cooler. he placed it in m/n's hands, the groggy male taking a bite from it, watermelon juice on the corner of his lip. "can we go back in the water?" jisung asked, putting his and chenle's watermelon rind into the bag they allocated for trash. "sure, just wait for me." mark said, taking off his shirt and putting on sunscreen. m/n and renjun sat on the chair as the rest of their friends entered the water.

"you have some juice on your lip." renjun said, pecking the corner of his boyfriend's lips. "thanks baby." "i'm going to go back in, but do you want to go in?" m/n looked down, twiddling his fingers. "i would, but i'm too scared." "m/n, can you look at me?"

m/n looked up at his boyfriend, a small frown on his face. "i know how insecure you are some days. but i just want to say," renjun said, lightly tracing the lines on m/n's stomach. "you are beautiful. i'm not going to force you to do anything but if you do, i will be here the whole time."

"ok baby." "love you cutie, okay?" "okay." renjun pecked m/n's lips, running back into the water. m/n watched them with a smile, his heart beating fast.

30 minutes went by, m/n cycling between reading at longingly gazing at the water, wanting to go in. "renjun!" m/n shouted, his boyfriend dropping the ball he was holding and looking back to shore. "coming!"

"what is it?" he asked, legs on his knees panting as he walked to m/n's chair. "i want to go into the water." renjun smiled, holding m/n's hand. "i'm so proud of you love!" renjun said, m/n getting out of the chair.

"please tell me if you want to leave, and then we can go back to shore, not hurt feelings." m/n smiled, pecking renjun's lips. "thank you baby."

"m/n, nice of you to join us." jaemin said, m/n wearily stepping onto the sandbar. his eyes lit up, the clear water traveling around his body. "wow." he gasped, touching the water with his hands. "it's pretty, isn't it?" renjun said, rubbing his boyfriend's hair. m/n nodded.

the friend group continued to play in the waves, m/n laughing and smiling as the salty water wet his hair and body. he forgot all his worries as he played around, his boyfriend right beside him.

"i'm so proud of you." renjun whispered, standing next to m/n. "renjun, kiss me." renjun smiled, placing his lips on m/n's, a wave splashing into them.

"ew pda." "shut up donghyuck!"

m/n giggled happily.

suddenly he wasn't as afraid.

/******/
word count: 1021
status: unedited
original date of publish: 3/23/2023

requested by: -DYTY11
happy birthday to my wonderful prince rennun<3
hope 23 treats you well<33
1 out of 2 in renjun oneshot bday special!

see you soon<3