sick-jaemin (nct)

jaemin entered his apartment, sighing as he kicked off his shoes, putting his bag down. "i'm home baby." he said, walking down the hallway into his shared room.

quiet music played from the speakers, jaemin chuckling at the album 'heal' playing, woosung's voice calming his boyfriend to sleep. turning off the music, jaemin walked over to his sick boyfriend, sweat coating his face.

"jaem, you're home?" m/n groggily whispered, his eyes closed, barely flickering open. "i'm home n/n." he whispered, holding his boyfriend's face in his hands. "really?" m/n asked, weakly putting his hands onto jaemin's face.

"have you taken your medicine sweetheart?" jaemin asked, feeling m/n's forehead, heat radiating. "uh-uh." he whined, clinging onto jaemin's arm. jaemin sighed, grabbing both of m/n's hands, going on his knees. "you need to take your medicine." "no, it tastes bad." m/n whined, turning his head to face his boyfriend. "you have to take your medicine love." Jaemin whispered, playing with m/n's hair. "fine." m/n groaned, almost falling back asleep.

"good. i'll be right back love." jaemin said, kissing the boy's forehead. getting up from the floor, he opened the bathroom door. opening the medicine cabinet, he grabbed the fever medicine, his boyfriend lowly groaning. "i'm coming baby." jaemin said, grabbing a small cup, leaving the bathroom.

laying the medicine on the side table, jaemin poured the viscous liquid into the cup, letting it settle before looking at his boyfriend. "sit up n/n." "why." m/n drawled, turning to look at the voice. "to take your medicine love." m/n grabbed onto jaemin's arm, pulling himself up. lightly laughing, jaemin lifted the cup to m/n's lips, the boy swallowing the liquid.

"eww." m/n whined, a look of disgust on his face. "it's ok love." jaemin laughed, rubbing his hair. "i'm going to make dinner ok?" he said, kissing the boy's forehead, moving toward the door. "don't leave!" m/n asked, an upset look on his face.

"i'm going to be outside love." jaemin chuckled, opening the door. "call me if you need something."

***

"don't leave me jaem!" m/n cried, holding onto jaemin's arm. "love, i have to go to work." jaemin said, holding onto m/n's hand, kissing his forehead. "but i don't want you to go." m/n whined, tears streaming down his face, his pajamas loosely hanging around his body.

"i'm sorry love." jaemin said, hugging the boy. "i'll be one call away, and i'll come home the second you want." "but i want you home now."

jaemin picked up the boy, holding his legs, opening the door to their room. "now you can just go sleep, and i'll be back before you know it." he said, kissing the boy's head. "byebye." m/n mumbled, falling to sleep. jaemin chuckled, turning on the speakers to his boyfriend's 'the rose' playlist, kissing his forehead, and leaving the room.

***

"dinner's here." jaemin said, opening the door, sitting on the bed, two bowls in his hands. "yay!" m/n cheered, half asleep. putting some of the soup on the spoon, jaemin fed m/n slowly, making sure the boy swallowed each bite. slowly the bowl emptied, a satisfied smile on his face.

"thank you jaem." he whispered, laying back on his pillow. pecking his lips, jaemin placed the bowls down, laying beside the sick boy. "jaem, you're going to get sick." m/n said, pushing the boy away.

"that sounds worth it." jaemin giggled, kissing the boy's cheek, clinging onto him as they both drifted off to slumber, sleeping peacefully.

***

renjun walked into the apartment, warm food and fever medicine in his hands. "i knew this idiot would get sick." he muttered to himself, entering the couples shared room.

"jaemin, m/n, your foods here." "thanks renjun." jaemin coughed, a now dry towel on his forehead. renjun smiled, placing the food on the side table, patting the two on the legs.

"yeah no problem. i have to go though, so text me if you need anything." m/n laughed, feeling better than two days prior. "we will jun." "ok, you lovebirds have fun."

the door closed, leaving m/n and jaemin alone. "i told you you would get sick." m/n weakly hit the boy's arm, the force not enough to hurt. jaemin pecked the boy's lips, laying back down on his side of the bed.

"and i told you anything for you love."

/******/
word count: 743
status: unedited
original date of publish: 2/14/2023

part 3 of 4 of the valentines series!
jaemin being a caretaker has always been an idea i've had
hope you enjoy the last oneshot<3

byebye<3