C H A P T E R F I V E

THIRD PERSON POV

"This is most concerning." Tech agreed with Fern, following her and Echo to the wall. The latter acted quickly and locked into the system with his right cybernetic socket-arm.

"The ship is taking off." Hunter's voice warned in the comms. "Get out of there now."

"Hurry, Echo..." Omega said.

"It's extremely sealed. I can't open it."

"Of course not." Fern's jaw tightened in frustration as she moved her light torch in every corner of the container, looking for any possible alternative egress. She could feel the vessel resonating underneath her feet. "We're going for a ride..."

"Hunter," Omega called. "we're trapped in the container. We can't get out!"

"On our way. Hang tight."

Fern couldn't gather what Hunter and Wrecker could possibly do to reach them and get them out as the transporter was ascending, but there wasn't any time to worry about it. "There must be another way out of here. A hatch that leads to the main hold of the transporter...We can possibly get out in an escape pod...No, the moment we open any door, there will an alarm and they'll know we're here."

"Hunter, where are you?" Omega called in her comm.

"Sorry, kid...We got a little sidetracked. You need to get off that ship before it jumps to hyperspace."

"Looks like we will be undertaking Fern's plan, after all." Tech said and started for another hatch to hack into. He started the process on the first one he approached. "Woah, woah, woah, Tech." Fern waved her hands. "How do you know this is the right door?"

"Why? What happens if he is wrong?" Omega questioned.

"If I am incorrect," Tech answered, still tapping away on his datapad. "we will instantly be sucked out and perish."

"Nice bedside manner..." Both Echo and Fern grumbled under their breaths.

"I am seldom wrong." Tech shrugged, and with that the panel door slid up, revealing a bright-red lit hallway. Fern had to admit she slightly flinched at the idea she would falling to her death right then if he had been wrong. "Great, wonderful, Tick, really." She patted his shoulder. "Now, you and Echo grab that chest. Omega and I will keep lookout and lead the way."

"You do not know the way." Tech stated, which made Fern rolled her eyes.

"Then how about handing over the device that will show me the way, huh?" She held her open palm with one brow raised. "That way, you can carry that heavy chest with both hands." Though the intellectual clone was unamused by her tone, he did as he was told and helped Echo with one end of the treasure. The four clones then stealthfully made their way towards the escape pods, hiding and avoiding the few guards aboard. To Fern's surprise, the hatch opening had not triggered an alarm of her knowledge, so it seemem luck was on their side.

She spoke too soon...

After entering into another corridor, they were confronted by a patrolling squad. "Dank Ferrik!" Fern gritted through her teeth as she, Tech, and Omega opened fire with their stun blasters and seeking cover on either side of the hall, while Echo searched for an alternate route to the escape pods.

"They just ejected all of the escape pods!" he exclaimed. Tech silenced the guards with a stun grenade and zapped the last one and joined Echo at the control pad. "There has to be another way off this ship."

"The only other option I see is hijacking the entire vessel." Fern huffed. "Unless you got some plan stuffed in that big brain of yours." Fern looked down at Omega, whose eyes were gazing around like she was scanning it. "What is it, Half-Pint?"